blackberry bold, old theme - precision verizon
iMOXXY

So Verizon recently sent me a new phone to replace my old one which is having problems. but I'm debating on whether I want the new phone because of the new theme/layout. I really do not like the new layout of the icons and stuff... I know the theme that I like on my current Blackberry is called Precision Verizon, and the layout is Zen. Can I get the same theme/layout on the new Blackberry even though it has the new update on it? I did not see the Precision Verizon theme when I went to options > theme on the new phone.

Please answer ASAP, I only have 4 days to send back the old phone, or the new one if I cannot have the old theme on it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: blackberry bold, old theme - precision verizon
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What you are seeing (I'm guessing, but it's probably close) is the difference between OS 5 and OS 6. You CAN put OS 5 on the replacement Bold and have your old theme back.

OS 6 layout and theme are different, and quite nice once you get used to the difference. If you still need your old theme, you'll need to reload OS 5 (StreetDoc has provided a guide to doing this).  http://community.vzw.com/t5/Blackberry-Bold/Going-back-to-OS-5/m-p/563090#M903

HTH,

0 Likes
Re: blackberry bold, old theme - precision verizon
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

iMOXXY wrote:

So Verizon recently sent me a new phone to replace my old one which is having problems. but I'm debating on whether I want the new phone because of the new theme/layout. I really do not like the new layout of the icons and stuff... I know the theme that I like on my current Blackberry is called Precision Verizon, and the layout is Zen. Can I get the same theme/layout on the new Blackberry even though it has the new update on it? I did not see the Precision Verizon theme when I went to options > theme on the new phone.

Please answer ASAP, I only have 4 days to send back the old phone, or the new one if I cannot have the old theme on it.

Hi,

If, on your new device, you go to Options>Theme, then you have OS 5 installed.  On OS 6, themes are under Options>Display>Screen Display.  You can double check your OS version by holding down the left Alt and Shift key and pressing the H key.  Your version will be listed next to App Version.  The default theme installed on all Verizon Wireless Bold 9650 devices is called Blackberry 6 for Verizon.  If you want to install the Precision Verizon theme on OS 5, you can do so with Blackberry Desktop Software.  Hope this helps.

Doc

0 Likes