blackberry fiasco
alzie

I have been a Verizon customer for some time. We have a special plan from where I work, and we adapted a similar plan for my own business. I rely heavily on phones that perform well. Mobility is key, and reliablility is paramount.

We are very dissapointed in all Blackberry devices thrown at us since our switch to smarphones in December '09. We had started with Motorola Droids, and while they were great phones, we had some quirks with them first off, and were leary about their performance and reliability. After calling customer service, they said that they would switch us to Blackberrys for no cost. What a mistake that turned oout to be. Before the switch, I had an old LG Dare, and a Voyager, and both were flawless in their function and reliability. We have had blackberry storm 2s sent to us, and we had to return them at least 4 different times for various reliability problems. Then we were sent Blackberry Tours, and had them oh, about a week. We were told they had all of the options that the storm 2s had...... except they left out the fact that there was no WIFI! Hello? I need these phones for business purposes, and WIFI is key to my car business! Through customer service embarrasment, they quickly sent out 2 blackberry bolds. Hopefully, our reliability problems were over.

I was wrong. I was told from customer service that there was a bad "batch" of blackberrys. With three different models? We have had nothing but problems with these bolds as well. Dropped calls from my kitchen table with 4 bars, happens daily! How would you like to be talking to a client and be interrupted by a dropped call? When the calls do go through, every single customer  complains that they can't understand me unless I am yelling into my phone. My wife has the same phone, and same problems, only worse. I can plug in a headset, and I can talk normally, and it comes through clear, but then I drop the call. Customer service says I cant go back to my original Motorola droids, because my warranties originate from blackberry. Funny, I started with a Motorola droid. I had a customer service rep call and my phone went to voicemail before I could answer it. I have tried to call her back for 5 days now, and I just get an answering machine. I am so over this nonsense, it is worth it for me to pay the cancellation fees for all my blackberrys and go to a more reliable company. Sorry, but I'm at my wits end. And yes, I've done the *228 thing multiple times, to no avail. I have a cheap phone on my account, and it works without a single glitch.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: blackberry fiasco
Jude526

I am sorry for your problems with Blackberry.  I have the Bold and my only issue is sometimes it will freeze up or lag. But I had that problem with the Tour and Curve only moreso with the latter. I have only had my Bold two weeks this WED and I am basically very happy with it.  I don't think I have a bad one, but I will know for sure in another week of using it.  I have 30 days to get a new one ithis keeps up.  It is random though and has to repeat itself when I am in the store.  But like taking your car to the mechanic, may not do it when necessary.

I would give Customer Care the chance to make it right for you. One thing I know is my calls are clear and they never get dropped. I have sold wireless and I have been a long time user of Blackberry. I love the BB device.  The Bold is exceptional and I find it hard to believe it has so many issues.  I do know those that are made in Mexico have the least amount of issues.

I hope you will consider giving Customer care a chance.  Call the 800 number and talk with someone else other than the person you are trying to reach.  They have notes on your account so there should be someone who can assist you.

From my experience selling and also being a long time customer, I don't know of a more capable and working carrier as Verizon. If you consider breaking your contract check out the map coverage in your area on the different carriers before you make this decision.  And also how will they work if you travel?  Verizon has the best coverage of any carrier. 

Good luck and I hope you can get your problem resolved in the best possible way.

0 Likes
alzie

I have given customer service many chances, and have been very patient. Notice, that our problems started in December! !st, we returned 2 phones, with a shipping label from verizon. We had to track the shipment through Fedex to make sure they made it to the warehouse. Well they did, but they couldnt find it, and I got a bill for almost 1000.00! IT took me 4 months to get that straightened out, with me having to do all the legwork, because it was my 1000. on the line! That is where it started, and now, I bet our customer service complaint rap sheet is probably 5 or 6 pages long. Needles to say, I have no faith in customer service. We paid almost 350.00 for each phone, and we get certified used phones as a replacement? and these are nothing but nightmares too. Like going to a restaurant, and returning a steak that wasnt right, and having the waiter bring back a half-eaten hamburger? Why do do I pay insurance on a phone, when it has a 1 year mfg warranty, but get used phones in return? Why are they used phones? I already looked at sprint and at&t, and verizon is making my choice easier by the day

0 Likes
curiousgb
Enthusiast - Level 3

Storm 2 is the issue. It would not be my first choice for a business phone. Heck after owning one for a while it wouldn't be my first second or third choice. My old 8330 was a lot better phone. 

0 Likes
StanleyDraughon

curiousgb wrote:

Storm 2 is the issue. It would not be my first choice for a business phone. Heck after owning one for a while it wouldn't be my first second or third choice. My old 8330 was a lot better phone. 

I second the 8330 as an extremely robust and reliable business device.  I have had mine less than one week and it is the phone I have been searching for ever since switching to Verizon.  WiFi is flawless as is every other feature.  Try the 8330 or its present equivalent and I promise you will not be disappointed.

Stan

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

StanleyDraughon wrote:

curiousgb wrote:

I second the 8330 as an extremely robust and reliable business device.  I have had mine less than one week and it is the phone I have been searching for ever since switching to Verizon.  WiFi is flawless as is every other feature.  Try the 8330 or its present equivalent and I promise you will not be disappointed.

Stan

Hi,

The 8330 does not have WiFi.  The 8530 does have WiFi.  But you all are correct in that the 8330 is a work horse at a really cheap price. 

Doc

0 Likes