blackberry internet
ashleyiislove

i want to switch to a friends old blackberry is there anyway i can get the blackberry without the internet so i don't have to pay for it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: blackberry internet
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

What model is the Blackberry in question?  If it was a model used on AT&T or T-Mobile, then no, the phone would not be compatible with Verizon's network.  If the phone is a model that can be used on Verizon, then Verizon would not activate the phone until you put a data plan on the phone.  You would have to have the data plan just to use the phone just for basic telephone calling.  I hope this helps.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Your question poses a two part answer.  First, what model is the Blackberry?  If it is a model not compatible with Verizon's network, then you can not use it.  Second, and most important, you can not activate a smartphone on Verizon's network without having a separate data plan.  Even if you do not plan on using the internet, the data plan is required.  For example, my wife has a Blackberry Bold on our family plan.  She never uses the internet on her phone, but I still have to pay $29.99 for a data plan for her phone.  I hope this helps answer your question.

Doc

0 Likes
ashleyiislove

wait will i be able to like call people and text using a non verizon blackberry. like can i do everything except the internet?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

What model is the Blackberry in question?  If it was a model used on AT&T or T-Mobile, then no, the phone would not be compatible with Verizon's network.  If the phone is a model that can be used on Verizon, then Verizon would not activate the phone until you put a data plan on the phone.  You would have to have the data plan just to use the phone just for basic telephone calling.  I hope this helps.

Doc

0 Likes