blackberry tour ringtone confusion
ilah33

Hello, I'm a new Blackberry user, and i'm having trouble with my ringtones.

I've gone into Options--Ring Tones/Alerts and changed my phone ring tone to Tune_Calypso, and my text messages to BBRRelaxed_StarChime.

When I go into my contacts---click on any contact---click on Edit and check their ringtone, however, all of my contacts are showing that the Ring Tone is Ringer_Classic Phone, and Mesages is BBPro_Sanguine.

How do I set the Ring Tone so that ALL of my contacts have Tune_Calypso and BBRRelaxed_StarChime?

Do I have to go into each contact (I hope not!)  I'm not a big custom Ring TOne person.  I just want all of my incoming calls and Text messages to sound the same.

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: blackberry tour ringtone confusion
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

To change your alerts, go to Sounds and scroll down to edit profiles.  Select the Normal profile.  Select Phone.  Change the Ring Tone to Tune_Calypso.  Select the Volume you want.  Press the Menu key and save.  Repeat the process and instead of changing Phone, select Messages>SMS Text.  Change the Ringtone there to what you want.  Press save and exit.  As long as you have selected the Normal profile as your sound profile, your ringtones will be what you selected.  If you change to Loud or Medium or anything else, you will have to edit that particular Loud or Medium profile.

Doc

0 Likes