charging issues please help !
catherine3

When i try to charge my blackberry this message comes up

The charging source connected to your BlackBerry device cannot charge your battery.

Some USB hubs might not provide enough power. Plug the hub into a power outlet (if avail) and reconnect your BlackBerry device. Try connecting to another USB port (diff. computer, USB hub, or travel charger). Verify that your USB cable is securely connected to your BlackBerry device and a USB port. Verify that your computer is not in standby, hibernation, or sleep mode. Verify that BlackBerry device USB drivers are installed on your computer.

has this happened to anyone else?if so, what did you do please let me know

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: charging issues please help !
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

That message does occur when a device is connected to a USB port and not getting the power it needs like from an AC power connection.  Sometimes, if you pull the battery and allow your device to reboot and reboot your PC, it might get rid of that error and let your device charge while connected to a USB port.

Doc

0 Likes
catherine3

Yeah I've done that a few times reboot my device sometimes it would charge sometimes it doesn't . I've tried all of my chargers, outlet, travel, & usb for computer nothing seems to work . When i plug it into the computer the desktop manager doesnt even recognize it, since its not charging idk what do . so should i just connect it to a usb and leave it there, even if it says its not charging?

0 Likes
Moa222

This message has only recently come up for me. It used to charge fine before. However, I recently bought a micro USB cable from ebay, and when i use that it comes up with this error message. When I revert back to the original USB cable it charges fine.

My advice would be to change the USB Cable!!!

0 Likes
psubeta

I fell into a swimming pool this past weekend with my Tour in my pocket. A bowl of rice and 3 days later, the device components seem to have dried out and be functioning properly, but i cannot get a charge to the battery, and this message keeps appearing.  Any other thoughts on this issue?  Obviously mine could be caused by the water damage, but the phone seems fine otherwise.

Thanks.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Although the phone components may be fine, batteries don't do so well when they go swimming.  My guess would be you need a new battery - test one first in the Verizon store and see if that makes a difference.  Then buy it from an accessory vendor online - I've found several that are very reasonably priced.  Be sure to get an OEM battery rather than an after market battery - and shop around at various battery and accessory sites.  Prices do vary,and deals are everywhere!!

0 Likes