charging port
stevegriffin198

the charging port on my 8330 keeps messing up, it wont charge most of the time. Iv alredy went through one phone n fixin to go through another, i have only had my blackberry for about 40 days. they need to fix this problem.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
charging port
stevegriffin198

they need to make a different design for the charger end. I want to get a different phone that i know will charge w o having to sit n play with it !!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: charging port
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

stevegriffin198 wrote:

the charging port on my 8330 keeps messing up, it wont charge most of the time. Iv alredy went through one phone n fixin to go through another, i have only had my blackberry for about 40 days. they need to fix this problem.

You could always charge your battery in another phone. Just make sure the battery is compatible for the phone that you are charging it in.

0 Likes
Geocritter

I'm wondering what's causing the problem to begin with.  It's a simple, what, 5v mini usb plug.  The chances of a hardware issue like that on 2 units is improbable.  It sounds like either something wrong with the charger itself (too much voltage, perhaps?) or software.  Have you tried battery pulls and that sort of thing?  Is the BB working with your desktop manager (i.e., is it just the charging that's the problem, or is it not communicating at all?)  I was wondering what would happen if (assuming the desktop manager talks to the phone) you back everything up, then update to the latest vzw install (4.5.0.175).

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

astrospec1126 wrote:

I'd exchange it... I think you can still do that. if not you might want to try a different charger

cheers-

Warranty would still be available if phone is still under 1 year. Also phone must not void warranty either. No liquid damage or physical damage.

[removed link quoted from another member]

0 Likes