considering upgrade to Blackberry
giggs1423

My husband and I currently have the LG en v2 and are considering upgrading to the Blackberry. We currently have the Family Share Text and Talk Plan with 700 minutes as we really don't talk on it much but use the texting quite a bit. We also got the unlimited mobile web for each phone for $15 extra. My question is if we upgrade, are we able to stay with the same plan and add the data package on? Would we still need the unlimited mobile web or would the data package for $29.99 cover that? Thanks for everyone's help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: considering upgrade to Blackberry
medic2joey
Contributor - Level 2

When you upgrade to a new phone you upgrade your contract. Blackberry is a smartphone so they will require you to have the $29.99 package on both phones. Thats $29.99 a piece, not for both. The family plan for 700 minutes is still available so I am sure you can keep that one.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

medic2joey wrote:

When you upgrade to a new phone you upgrade your contract. Blackberry is a smartphone so they will require you to have the $29.99 package on both phones. Thats $29.99 a piece, not for both. The family plan for 700 minutes is still available so I am sure you can keep that one.

Hi,

Medic2joey is correct, you can keep the base plan you have, only update the data plans to the Blackberry email and web plans for $29.99 each.  Then you can text, instant message, pic and video message, and surf the internet all unlimited with the plan you have with the BB data plans.  Good luck.

Doc

0 Likes
bk31th

I've owned blackberries for a long time.  You will be disappointed, I promise.  Even the new ones lock up, can't handle multiple tasks, have poor sound/mic quality and the signal is poor.

Don't believe me, just use google and search for "blackberry issues". 

Sadly, most are true.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I never had any problems with my 8330. Once, my trackball stopped scrolling up, and a Verizon employee replaced it in 5 minutes at no charge. That was the only issue I had in almost two years.

With all due respect, you can Google anything and find what you're looking for. On that note, Google "Love my BlackBerry."

0 Likes
ask4aj1

THE $29 PACKAGE IS NOT AN OPTION YOU HAVE TO HAVE IT WITH THE BLACKBERRIES AND FOR EACH AND EVERY BB. MEANS 29 FOR U AND 29 FOR HUBBY

0 Likes
Espino

you will have to pay those extra 30 bucks per phone but remember u can use the internet to txt, meaning that ull be paying 3o bucks more but maybe 20 bucks less from the txt if u ask to take ur txt off

0 Likes