debate over new BB tour vs staying with current lg music type phone and getting data plan?
bandit002

Have looked at getting the new blackberry tour.  (my sone and myself).

Noted it does not have the wi-fi feature.

Not familer with how these things connect/work,  what will that do to web download speeds/email etc.

Most of my friends recomend the iphone, but att does not get good reception in my area.

any advice appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: debate over new BB tour vs staying with current lg music type phone and getting data plan?
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

If you are looking for a smartphone that can browse the web, text and video message, have your email sent directly to your device (up to 10 email accounts) and a whole lot more, then the Blackberry Tour is for you.  I suggest you look at the Verizon Wireless Smartphone Resource Center here to get an idea of what a smartphone like the Tour can do for you. 

As far as data plans, keep in mind that every smartphone requires a separate data plan for $29.99.  Good luck.

Doc

0 Likes
Re: debate over new BB tour vs staying with current lg music type phone and getting data plan?
gmandisco
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just kinda adding on to Doc:

I have the Tour myself. I love it. Hands down. Yeah it doesnt have wifi, but its pretty much fast where I am. ive never had a phone with wifi so i wouldnt be able to compare, but for everyday use its much better than a dumbphone. plus - unless your around wifi alot it wouldnt help - i have an ipod touch i was using for some mobile web browsing, but i found that unless i was at home or at the school i had no mobile web! :smileyhappy: so you arent really losing anything on that aspect.

I love my Tour - much better than my dare by far! (other than the fact with the dare it was touch, i kinda miss that, and the fact that i had free vz navigator with my plan..... oh well 😃 )

- gman

0 Likes
rookietrader
Enthusiast - Level 3

i do miss the free vz navigator with the regular phone...they really should offer free vz navigator with blackberry too...but the blackberry is a good phone for email,browsing and instant mess...i'm also discovering new apps in the blackberry app store that i love.and i'm addicted to the blackberry instant mess 5....i've been creating new bar codes all day linking them to websites and doing contact bar codes then going back to see if i can pull the bar code up with my blackberry. the iphone is a good phone...its not cool when you cant get a signal. i have a friend that has an iphone and everytime he comes over he is linking on my wifi...because att does not have the best service.

0 Likes