deleting old info on prior blackberry
joecer

I have had to replace my blackberry storm for another one. 

I have recycled the info onto my new one from my computer. 

How do I delete the same info from the old one that I am returning to the factory?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: deleting old info on prior blackberry
Spiral
Master - Level 1

Go to Options/Security Options/Security Wipe and select what you want to remove from your Storm.  At least that is what the menu is on my Tour, probably similar on the Storm.  Good Luck.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Overview

To delete all data and applications from the BlackBerry smartphone, complete the appropriate set of steps below depending on the version of BlackBerry® Device Software running.

Warning: The following procedures will delete either all data, or all data and applications on the BlackBerry smartphone. Back up the data before wiping the BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions on performing this backup, see article KB12487.

Note: If content protection is turned on, the process for deleting all data and applications from the BlackBerry smartphone can take up to an hour to complete. Do not remove the battery from the BlackBerry smartphone while data is being deleted.

Note: To identify the BlackBerry Device Software version, go to Options > About (For example, 2.6.x.x, 2.7.xx or 4.0.x.x).

For BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry Device Software version 2.6
Note: If a password is already set, go to step 5.

1. On the Home screen, click the Options icon. The Device Options screen is displayed.
2. Click Security. The Security screen is displayed.
3. In the Password field, press the Space key to enable the password.
4. A dialog box will prompt for a password with at least four characters.
5. Type a password. Click the trackwheel. Type your password again to verify it.
6. On the Home screen, click the Lock icon. The Lock screen is displayed.
7. Type your password incorrectly 10 times to trigger a security wipe.

For BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry Device Software version 2.7
On the Home Screen, click the Options icon. The Device Options screen is displayed.
Click Security. The Security screen is displayed.
Click the trackwheel, and select Wipe Handheld.

For BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry Device Software version 4.0
On the Home Screen, click the Options icon. The Device Options screen is displayed.
Click Security. The Security screen is displayed.
Click the trackwheel, and select Wipe Handheld.

For BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry Device Software version 4.1 to version 4.2.1
From the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, go to Options > Security Options > General Settings.
Display the menu and select Wipe Handheld.
Click Continue.
Type blackberry, and then press the Enter key.

For BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry Device Software version 4.2.2 to version 4.7

From the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, go to Options > Security Options > General Settings.
Press the Menu key, and select Wipe Handheld.
Select the Include third-party applications check box to remove third-party applications. Clear the check box to preserve third-party applications.
Click Continue.
Type blackberry, and press the Enter key.

For BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry Device Software version 5.0

From the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, go to Options > Security Options > Security Wipe.
Select the appropriate check boxes to remove the desired data and applications.
Type blackberry, and click Wipe.

Hope this helps,

Doc

0 Likes
joecer

This note is to thank you for the instructions.  I need a battery and a little more coaching.  I will get it from my grandson and will do the necessary.  Thanks again.

0 Likes