digusted with verizon store over blackberry
keepsmiling

daughter went to verizon store with blackberry that is less than a month old.......screen went crazy with lines......got into it with manager because she said that the screen broke internally......did what was said to be a courtesy of replacement for 50 dollars....my daughter very careful of her equipment......she had this in pocketbook and was not dropped......the manager said it shouldn't have happened but it did happen and it probably wouldn't happen again duh.......she explained that if she were to take a hammer to any phone in store it would happen...duh again.....my daughter does not carry a hammer in her phone hello......i do not think my daughter should have had to pay a replacement cost for the phone they say next time they will have to charge her full price if it happens again...not right to began  .... screen was not broken on outside,,,,poor judgement on this store managers  behalf.......love verizons service losing faith in their customer service in store

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: digusted with verizon store over blackberry
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I am so sorry you had a bad customer service experience.  I did not catch what Blackberry your daughter had to have replaced.  Just a suggestion, perhaps buy a case such as an Otter Box for her device.  That might give some added protection.  Again, sorry you had a bad experience.

Doc

0 Likes
keepsmiling

a tour

0 Likes
glinc
Contributor - Level 1

I have not heard or read anything about the Tour screen breaking internally out of no where.  Now if you pay close attention, the Tour screen is closer to that screen cover as compared to other blackberries.  So if she put the phone in her purse and something put pressure on it, it would crack easily.

0 Likes
Iowagriz
Enthusiast - Level 2

My daughter placed my wife's phone in her backpack and the screen got damaged similar to what you describe.  It wasn't a blackberry, but the end result sounds familar.

I was upset initially as well, but then realized it must have had excessive pressure placed upon the screen to break the internals.  Verizon also offered us a $50 replacement and I thought that was generous as it was not their problem.

End result.....my daughter won't be getting a phone of her own for a while, then it might be a flip phone.

0 Likes
SureTypeBandit
Enthusiast - Level 3

keepsmiling wrote:

daughter went to verizon store with blackberry that is less than a month old.......screen went crazy with lines......got into it with manager because she said that the screen broke internally......did what was said to be a courtesy of replacement for 50 dollars....my daughter very careful of her equipment......she had this in pocketbook and was not dropped......the manager said it shouldn't have happened but it did happen and it probably wouldn't happen again duh.......she explained that if she were to take a hammer to any phone in store it would happen...duh again.....my daughter does not carry a hammer in her phone hello......i do not think my daughter should have had to pay a replacement cost for the phone they say next time they will have to charge her full price if it happens again...not right to began  .... screen was not broken on outside,,,,poor judgement on this store managers  behalf.......love verizons service losing faith in their customer service in store

Im glad someone was able to translate this....:smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
archic

I have had a blackberry for work under ATT for 4 years(pearl then Bold) never had an issue with either. I have had Verizon for 2 weeks and my Tour got a "pressure crack". I know people say this all the time but I have never dropped nor put this thing in my pocket!! Always in the hip holster...Now they want to charge me $89.99 fee for replacement. This phone has to be a little more durable then this!!!

RIDICULOUS!

0 Likes
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2
Okay people, screens don't just crack because they feel like it; SOMETHING has to cause it. Let's remember that phones are delicate pieces of equipment that need to be handled gently and not carelessly tossed around or thrown into purses and bags. If you feel that phones should be made more durable, your complaint is with the MANUFACTURER, not with Verizon. Verizon simply acts as the middle-man during warranty exchanges; it's the manufacturer who sets those warranty terms. In fact, most manufacturers will make you purchase another phone at retail if the screen is damaged. Verizon offers the $50 fee as a courtesy to their customers.
0 Likes
archic

Are you a Verizon Rep/employee? I can tell you from my experience with my 15 day old Tour is that it is far to fragile if can get a Pressure crack in only 2 weeks. Never dropped,hit nor put in pocket. I am not convinced the hip holster is any better then the previous options since that were mine is 100% of the time if I am not using it.

Come on delicate piece of technology. It is a phone and should stand up to some bumping and Verizon is responsible since they decided to release the Tour and sell it to their customers...Sorry......I smell a Class action!

Very frustrated...I am concerned that this could happen again and again ..unless I set it on a pillow and never touch it!

HAHA sorry could not resist...:smileysurprised:)

AC

0 Likes
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2
No, I am not a VZW employee, but I am a contracted technician who works in their stores. I have seen many, many phones come through my door with broken screens, and NONE of them have been caused by any kind of manufacturer defect. If there was such a defect, RIM would have notified Verizon. In any case, Verizon should not be held liable for manufacturer defects, as they have no control over the manufacturer. Verizon orders phones they want, and the manufacturer sends them. Verizon is not going to recall a phone simply because a few have a problem, and they certainly aren't going to do it for a non-warranty issue.
0 Likes