email messages not coming in -- what up?
debmcdsf

This happens every so often. I turn on my BlackBerry and no emails come in. Usually after several hours they resume. But I'm wondering what is the cause? Is there anything I can do? Is this a Verizon hairball in the system? Does anyone else have this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: email messages not coming in -- what up?
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

You should call into customer service there are different things that can cause a delay of text messages and we have several ways to help but you have to call in to have them preformed on your phone. 

0 Likes
AD1216

my text messages have been delayed for a while now.. it does not do it all the time. but it can be a pain when your texting someone back and forth and suddenly it takes up to ten minutes to receive the txt message.... it cant be the blackberry, cuz i had a dare and had the same problem, ive called verizon and said it isnt the network.. i dunno, hopefully it will stop one day. maybe the network is near capacity around my area... who knows...

0 Likes
waneal09

I have the same issue going on. My tower indicator said "OFF" yesterday for a period of time and have not been able to receive email. I have one phone, how am I to get this fixed if I can't use a landline to call customer service? Thoughts? I have tried on my phone to reestablish my email, but it won't connect to the internet...

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

VZW doesn't handle your emails. Your email services are directly provided by RIM. Yes, there are several things you can try. Doing a battery pull is your first step. Then I would recommend resending your service books. You can do this directly from your device by clicking on your Email Settings icon and logging in with your @vzw.blackberry.net username/password and clicking on the Help link where you can find the option to resend your service books. Or, if you prefer, you can use this link directly from a PC: https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

Those are two of the simplest things you can do when you're having email problems and other general phone problems.

0 Likes