Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
email messages not coming in -- what up?
debmcdsf

This happens every so often. I turn on my BlackBerry and no emails come in. Usually after several hours they resume. But I'm wondering what is the cause? Is there anything I can do? Is this a Verizon hairball in the system? Does anyone else have this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: email messages not coming in -- what up?
Michele-VzW
Novice

You should call into customer service there are different things that can cause a delay of text messages and we have several ways to help but you have to call in to have them preformed on your phone. 

0 Likes
AD1216

my text messages have been delayed for a while now.. it does not do it all the time. but it can be a pain when your texting someone back and forth and suddenly it takes up to ten minutes to receive the txt message.... it cant be the blackberry, cuz i had a dare and had the same problem, ive called verizon and said it isnt the network.. i dunno, hopefully it will stop one day. maybe the network is near capacity around my area... who knows...

0 Likes
waneal09

I have the same issue going on. My tower indicator said "OFF" yesterday for a period of time and have not been able to receive email. I have one phone, how am I to get this fixed if I can't use a landline to call customer service? Thoughts? I have tried on my phone to reestablish my email, but it won't connect to the internet...

0 Likes
nmchileman

VZW doesn't handle your emails. Your email services are directly provided by RIM. Yes, there are several things you can try. Doing a battery pull is your first step. Then I would recommend resending your service books. You can do this directly from your device by clicking on your Email Settings icon and logging in with your @vzw.blackberry.net username/password and clicking on the Help link where you can find the option to resend your service books. Or, if you prefer, you can use this link directly from a PC: https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

Those are two of the simplest things you can do when you're having email problems and other general phone problems.

0 Likes