Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
getting first blackberry to replace my voyager (that is wearing out)
rottieluv

Hi: I'd like to get a blackberry (I'm in college and work full time) but don't know which one to get. I have a voyager now that 

I like except that the internet drives me crazy on it. My phone is wearing out (the jack keeps getting looser for example) as I use the phone for everything all the time. So which BB to get? Thanks! Teri

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: getting first blackberry to replace my voyager (that is wearing out)
nmchileman

If you like touchscreen devices you should wait for the new Storm 2, coming out in about a month. Personally, I hate touchscreens which is why I went with the Tour 9630 which is an excellent device. The keyboard on it is wonderful to type on and it's got a great bright screen that's easy to watch videos on.

If the Tour is too big for your tastes you can wait for the new Curve 2 that's coming out in about a month as well. Smaller than the Tour and more svelte. It'll be cheaper too, most likely because of less memory and less processing muscle, but it's still going to be a powerful phone.

0 Likes
pmarcosa

I went from treo 650, to voyager, to Tour.  I really liked the 650, my wife now has the voyager, and I like the Tour more every day, just wish I could learn (faster) to use it.

0 Likes
mariefnp

Mr Chileman, might I  add that you are sooo helpful to those in need...I've seen you on the crackberry site ( I THINK???) and you are so courteous and helpful - THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
rottieluv

I'm leaning towards getting the Tour, my new every 2 isn't in effect until February, but my phone won't last until then. I do qualify for an early upgrade, but that will negate my Feb rebate.

I went to the Verizon store today and the manager let me try out his storm, says it works pretty well. Was looking at that vs Curve, vs Tour. I'm a bit afraid of going to all touchscreen, as I don't use the one on my voyager very often.

0 Likes