has my bb Tour been cloned?
houstonbch
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm sure I am being completely paranoid (and possible ignorant if this isn't even possible), but I recently downloaded SmrtGuard for my BB Tour and when I click on the "where I've been" option it correctly locates me in Houston, but also shows me in Algeria.  Yesterday I noticed I was now showing up in Africa.  I emailed their support, but haven't received a proper response.  Is it possible that my phone was cloned?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: has my bb Tour been cloned?
Geocritter

THAT is scary.  Let us know if you hear anything.  I don't see why it *couldn't* happen, that another phone has the same code...or esn.  But I might be wrong.  You MIGHT want to ask Verizon about it, too    :smileysurprised:

A quick google search turned this up:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Welcome-Introductions/Stolen-PIN-Cloned-Phone/m-p/273062;jses...

0 Likes
Re: has my bb Tour been cloned?
JB21386
Contributor - Level 1

houstonbch wrote:

I'm sure I am being completely paranoid (and possible ignorant if this isn't even possible), but I recently downloaded SmrtGuard for my BB Tour and when I click on the "where I've been" option it correctly locates me in Houston, but also shows me in Algeria.  Yesterday I noticed I was now showing up in Africa.  I emailed their support, but haven't received a proper response.  Is it possible that my phone was cloned?

The "where I've been feature (as you have found out :smileyhappy: ), does not work very well. I notice the same thing, I believe it is a bug.

If you are logged in to the smrtguard.com site and click "Locate my Phone", does that show you a correct location?

0 Likes