Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
help on tour software downgrade please!
melissag03

Can someone please explain how to downgrade my software back to the 4.7 version from new 5.0? I HATE it!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: help on tour software downgrade please!
Jude526

I would be very happy to help you.  I also downgraded to the 4.7  You need to have the DM disc installed on your PC. because you can't do it from your BB since it no longer gives it a choice once you installed the 5.0   On the Desk Manager you will see  The Application Loader and you will click on that.  Then select remove/install   You will need the USB cable, attach your BB to the USB and your PC and follow the prompts.

You can downgrade to the 4.7 using the disc.  Just make sure you don't have any calls you need to make and follow the steps.  It is easy. 

Good luck.........also email verizon of your concerns with the 5.0  I think if more people let them know then something will be done about it.  I know there are many people who are not happy with the 5.0 OS   I am really surprised Verizon released this.

It is horrible.........

Judi

0 Likes
Re: help on tour software downgrade please!
Lora79

The upgrade wiped out my entire contact list and due to programming differences, it will not restore the contact list from my backup.  I lost them all thanks to the upgrade.

0 Likes