Here are the steps I came up with if a phone is ever exposed to water.....
(1) IMMEDIATELY REMOVE THE BATTERY. VERY VERY IMPORTANT!
(2) As soon as possible (preferably within 20-30 minutes). dissassemble the phone using Torx T6 screwdriver. (Get this off eBay or service depots, etc) Make an emergency trip to Sears/RadioShack/ACE/service depot/etc.
(3) Clean/dry as much as you can, using Q-Tips
(4) Dry the electronics components under a desk lamp on a paper towel for 24 hours.
(5) Use a blow dryer, set on warm. Blow dry the phone. Make sure your battery is out of the phone.
(6) You can also leave the battery out. Leave your phone out in the sun. Let it dry.
(7) Put your phone in rice for 24 hours w/ battery out
(8) Reassemble the phone
(9) Put back together
(10) Only now it's safe to put the battery back in.
You can try a new battery for the phone and it *might* work.
My wife did the same thing. Take the battery out and put both phone and battery in rice. Cover completely and cover with an air tight cover. Leave in rice for a day. Take out of rice, blow off dust and put back together. Worked perfect.