incorrect password
Rachael

I have an 8830.  My daughter accidently changed the password and I can not get into the device.  I tried the blackberry site to change it online however I cannot get it to work.  Not sure what to do.  Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: incorrect password
mtkalimey
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow! You have a smart daughter!

You won't like this answer and I hope a expert on here confirms this.

You will have to download the blackberry Desktop Manager and the blackberry firmware for you phone.

Install Desktop Manager to a computer that is not running on just battery. Restart that computer after install, then install to the computer, the phones firmware.

From there you can update your phone to the latest or same software and the phone will be reformatted back to original.

Like I said this is not a pleasant answer but the security on these phones is to tight to fake thru it.

Does you daughter remember what she typed in for a password since it has to be entered the same twice?

0 Likes
Re: incorrect password
blackwidowinsc
Contributor - Level 1

Hopefully you already have your device backed up via BlackBerry Desktop Manager.  Continue to try to enter the password until your number of preset "attempts" have been used.  The device will automatically wipe itself and will reset.  Do not pull the battery while the device is wiping and ensure that you have adequate battery power to the device.  After the phone has reset it will be wiped clean, but you can use BBDM to restore a previously backed up file (if you have one). 

0 Likes