install language
shirid

Hi,

I am getting a lot of emails in Hebrew but i can't read it on my BB curve

what do i need to do in order to read hebrew?

thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: install language
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

Some versions of BlackBerry Device Software 4.5 for the BlackBerry 8830 smartphone, BlackBerry 8330 smartphone, and BlackBerry 8130 smartphone that operate on the Verizon Wireless network do not include the Arabic, Hebrew, Russian and Japanese language support packs.

This includes the following versions:

• BlackBerry 8830 smartphone - BlackBerry Device Software version 4.5.0.138
  • BlackBerry 8130 smartphone - BlackBerry Device Software version 4.5.0.77
  • BlackBerry 8330 smartphone - BlackBerry Device Software version 4.5.0.77

Resolution

To include rendering support for these languages in BlackBerry Device Software 4.5, you must download the supplemental language pack by visiting the following link on your BlackBerry browser:

http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=45languagepack

This information is from the Blackberry site.  Please let me know if this helps!

Message Edited by Michele-VzW on 07-20-2009 02:47 PM
0 Likes
jmct12345

I am trying to enter Japanese as well as read it.  Do you know if Japanese entry is supported by these language packs or just reading?

Also, I tried the link you provided but I get "Downloads via a USB connection are not enabled for this product. Please visit our mobile download site at using the browser on your BlackBerry® smartphone".   Any suggestions on how to get to the actual download?

0 Likes
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2
What phone are you using?
0 Likes
jmct12345

I am using a Curve 8330.   I can read Japanese already, but cannot input.    I hope that helps.

0 Likes
jiggygad

Hi all,

I have a blackberry tour 9630.  I want to be able to send and receive SMS messages and view email messages in Arabic.  I see that some languages are supported on all BB phones.  I thought a Blackberry had this capability since its a business phone.  I really want to be able to send and receive SMSs in arabic.  Is there a chance Verizon will ever support arabic in the US? 

Thanks!

0 Likes