memory card not recognized on Blackberry 8530 STORM ( Insurance replacement phone)
mmoos1970

I cracked my Lcd screen and ASURION overnighted me a new phone. I was able to backup and restore from my desktop as I update my phone when new software is out.

MY problem is this: I am not able to store pictures and the device does not recognize the memory card, I believe the original error message said something like.." memory card encrypted to another device"

I have not sent in my damaged phone yet.

PLEASE HELP...Thank You

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: memory card not recognized on Blackberry 8530 STORM ( Insurance replacement phone)
Chesterface

Have you tried transferring all your files from the SDCard to your computer? I would advise in doing so and then formatting your card and see if your new Blackberry recognizes the card then. Don't forget to back up your files on your computer before you do that! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Re: memory card not recognized on Blackberry 8530 STORM ( Insurance replacement phone)
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I'm super paranoid, so I back up via Desktop Manager, then also drag the files from my SD card to my desktop. Then simply format by going to Options, Media Card, then click the Menu key. It'll erase everything while formatting, but you can then drag your files back onto it and it'll be just like before.

0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3

After you transfer all your files from memory card to computer (using card reader), you format memory card on computer first, then format memory card on Storm. Good luck!:smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes