my blackberry curve 9330 got hot and shut off. I can't get it to start up?? any suggestions??
brutus40

my blackberry curve 9330 got hot and shut off.  I can't get it to start up??  any suggestions??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: my blackberry curve 9330 got hot and shut off. I can't get it to start up?? any suggestions??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Brutus40, that’s terrible!  But don’t worry because I’m here to help get your phone up and running. We all depend on our phones to stay connected while on the go so I can definitely understand your concern.

Are you still unable to turn on the device? Has there been any physical or liquid damage? Has this happened before?

Try a soft reset http://bit.ly/QulU6i by removing the battery for a few minutes. Reinsert the battery and attempt to turn on the phone. Sometime it just needs a soft reset and we recommend it as least once a week.

Post back if the phone will not turn on after the soft reset. I’ll be more than happy to further assist you.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: my blackberry curve 9330 got hot and shut off. I can't get it to start up?? any suggestions??
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

In addition to what the customer service rep stated, Blackberry devices are notorious for slowing down and running hot when there are a lot of programs running in the background.  Once you get up and running, make sure you close all programs that can be closed, such as Opera, weather apps, etc.  By default, I believe about 4 or 5 apps should be running in the background; BB Messenger, Messages, Phone, and Blackberry Browser.  As customer support suggests, pulling the battery at least every couple of days will keep the device running smooth.  If you still have problems, let us know here so we may try to find a suitable answer for you.

Doc

cwise

I tried the soft reset and that didn't help. The device will load through the entire status bar and then a white screen flashes and the device shuts back off. There is no water damage at all. A red light will appear and stay on until I remove the battery. Are there any other solutions or should I just look into a replacement device?

0 Likes