my phone's software is corrupt.what should i do? the serrvice provider says it can't be repaired.the phone is of no use.
krushan

i've unlocked the phone in india..it worked well fr 3-4 weeks.one nyt it suddenly stopped workin.the service provider says that the software is corrupt and it cant be repaired.what should i do now? can i get a replacement for it inspite of it being unlocked in india? this phone cant be repaired in India and if verizon people dont agree to replace it,my 229$ will b lost.i luv this phone and want it to get replaced.please help! blackberry bold 9930

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: my phone's software is corrupt.what should i do? the serrvice provider says it can't be repaired.the phone is of no use.
rcschnoor
Legend

Out of curiosity, is the phone still under warranty?

When you say you have unlocked it in India, did Verizon supply you with an unlock code because you met all of their requirements to receive an unlock code, such as being on a Verizon plan which has been in existence for at least 60 days and have no payment problems? After Verizon unlocked your phone, did you complete your contract(which would actually put you outside of the warranty period), or have you left the US, returned to India and have canceled your Verizon contract and paid the ETF, or have failed to pay the ETF?

Or did you unlock the phone via other methods, which voids the warranty, and now expect Verizon to give you another phone?

0 Likes
Re: my phone's software is corrupt.what should i do? the serrvice provider says it can't be repaired.the phone is of no use.
rcschnoor
Legend

In addition, warranties on the phone are MANUFACTURER warranties. If you have a current account with Verizon, Verizon will facilitate the warranty, but if the phone is not currently on an active Verizon account, you will most likely have to contact the manufacturer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I am thinking that they did not unlock through Verizon and this is where the issue is because if they unlocked the device through the flashing of software instead of simply contacting Verizon and use there unlock code this would have voided warranty and neither Verizon or manufacturer will cover it under warranty..

The OP can reverse the changes but they have to know for sure what method was used to do it correctly without bricking device.

0 Likes