netbook and bb STORM
stormcrazy

How can I use my BB storm to put the internet on my new netbook.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: netbook and bb STORM
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

stormcrazy wrote:

Hi,

You are wanting to tether your Blackberry to your computer.  There is a fee of $30/month charged by Verizon Wireless.  You will need to call customer service to have that option added to your device.

Doc

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

stormcrazy wrote:

Did you purchase the netbook from VZW? If so you don't need to tether with your phone at all. The netbook's that VZW sells already come with built in radios for their EVDO network. If you purchased the netbook as part of the BOGO and bought the Blackberry and got a free netbook then you would've been required to sign up for a data plan on the netbook.

If so, you should have a program on the netbook called VZ Access Manager. This is what you would use to connect your netbook to the data network.

So double check these items with VZW and they'll help you get it set up and running.

If you didn't buy the netbook from VZW then completely disregard what I just said.

0 Likes
stormcrazy

No, my boss bought the netbook from Staples and I was wondering if I could use a pc card with a usb hookup to get the internet that way?

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

You can either get a dedicated USB card that you'll have to sign a contract for. Or you can use your Storm as a modem and remove the feature whenever you want. Do a search for tethering or mobile broadband connect in this forum and you'll find details about how much it costs and what you'll need to set it up

0 Likes