new blackberry
Jfs0116

when is the blackberry essex coming out?..and i heard tht the atlas is comeing out...does anyone else no of any other new phones?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: new blackberry
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

No date has been announced for any new phones for VZW.  Just speculating, with the Buy One Get One Free Blackberry promotion that has been going on, I would think they are clearing their stock to get ready for newer phone models.  Hopefully in the next couple of months.

Doc

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

I totally understand why people are looking at thsi with Storm 2 out soon and the Tour out with already leaked specs for a Tour with WIFI and an accelerometer. Why buy a Tour now?  I really dont know where the Essex fits in the plan. I have tried figuring it out . The Atlas has so far had some leaked shots this week but they were running on Edge and not CDMA. The Atlas that is being shown has Bold on the back just like the new Onyx for AT&T. It was originally suppose to be a 3G Curve 8900. Right now I would not put alot into the Atlas until I see a shot with 3G on the screen. The Essex is rumoured to be out 1st quarter 2010. I am passing them all for the rumored super CDMA BB that will be the highest spec  phone out.

0 Likes
mtkalimey
Enthusiast - Level 3

The best I can tell being a crackberry follower, the Essex probably won't be out until close to the aniversary of the Tour.

The current Tour is supposed to be a great phone and I hear they have most of the trackball problems taken care of.

The only differences from the old to the new in this case appear to be the WiFi and a trackpad instead of the trackball.

With OS5 coming soon and the new browser scheduled for next summer, you would be good with either phone unless the Wifi is a dealbreaker. In that case have a hard look at the 9550 which appears to be available in the next two months.

This update schedule is no different than what has happened with the Iphone, that one had three hardware updates in under 3 years!

XtremeBerry- Thanks for the backup on the Bestbuy info regarding the 9550. I am still not sure how much info can be thrown out here without getting edited. I think you will have a good choice in the Essex!

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

I have had a Storm and I am currently using the Tour. I am running the 5.0 OS on it and it has a much faster browser.

Thats not entirely true about the differences. There is suppose to be an accelerometer added to the Essex and it will have the new style keyboards that all qwerties will be using. If and when the Atlas does drop it will be my fav mainly because of the form factor. If I could I  would post a pic of it compared to the new Onyx 9700.

0 Likes
mtkalimey
Enthusiast - Level 3

You right, forgot about the accelerometer.

I just saw the first pics of the Atlas yesterday, that one looks interesting, it's a replacement to the Curve isn't it?

I'm waiting to get my hands on the 9550 and compare that to the Tour, obviously keeping the mind the WiFi difference.

I need something that can handle what my 8830 does plus all the stuff I carry in my PDA.

The latter handles full mobile Word, Excel, PDF's and all the doc's with that and also my mileage tracking, expense management, full calculator with unit converter, stop watch and a couple of card games I like. So I'll be asking a bit of my next device and the screen size of the 9550 or even the Storm for that matter is a great benefit.

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

It was originally suppose to be a curve 8900 replacement. The appearance of Bold on the back would mean its a higher end phone though.

its ironic you mention stopwatch as that was a pet peeve of mine with my Curve, was no stopwatch. I love the 4.7+ OS that come standard with the clock/stopwatch. Its a little annoying when you stick it on charge though and that full screen clock pops up.

0 Likes