new user of old phone on shared plan
lg2009

Hi there,

I'm hoping this makes sense... a friend added a 2nd line to his account which I wll be using. I "inherited" his OLD Blackberry 8703e when he upgraded to a new phone. So I have my own number and voicemail but can still see all of his contacts as well as his current emails. Is there a way to remove his email account from the old 8703e device (that won't affect the contacts & emails on his current phone?) or will this need to be done at a Verizon store?

Thanks so much!

LG

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: new user of old phone on shared plan
StormModder
Contributor - Level 1

just wipe the handheld.  I'm not 100% sure on the exacts for THAT phone, but usually it's under options> security> general options> menu> wipe handheld.  it'll clear off everything and put it all back to factory settings.

you should also use desktop manager to make sure the software is the most up to date.  When you do that, you'll have the option to automatically backup/restore the data, and you can just unselect it.

0 Likes
Re: new user of old phone on shared plan
lg2009
Thanks for the tip! I wiped it about an hour ago and immediately received a Welcome email from Blackberry. Followed by a "Registration" email stating that my handheld has been registered with the wireless network. I didn't register anything myself - so this was just done automatically. In the meantime, I am still receiving email messages meant for the previous owner! What to do?
0 Likes