on my 3rd bb tour
applepiter

hi, ive had a problem with the trac ball on now two bb tours, the vzw rep told me that this one should be good, because

the known trac ball problem has bin fixed on all tours daded after 8/1.

i hope thats true, but anyway, how can i tell if my bb is dated after 8/1.

and has anyone else heard this? thanx in advanced...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: on my 3rd bb tour
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

The track ball problem was an issue with early production devices and was fixed a couple of weeks after release. Some inventory for the devices they use as replacements will come from returns/exchanges of devices that were purchased at launch. So there is a chance you could be getting a replacement that was manufactured while the issue still existed. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any way to determine the manufacturing date of your device.

0 Likes
basspro
Contributor - Level 1

Look on the label on the box. Just above where it was made (probably Mexico 5), there is a sequence of numbers. This is the date of manufacture

Example: mine says 290809, which is August 29, 2009.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

I just checked my box for my Tour and it states it was made in Canada1 and date 040809.  Just curious if models from Mexico might be the problem?

Doc

0 Likes
applepiter

this is my second replacement bb tour, so my original box that it came in will do me no good.

i looked on the inside under the battery and thru the diffrent tools and settings, if there is a date code,

i cant find it.

0 Likes