Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
question about international texting
spalor13

if i am texting australia, do i use a "+" symbol at the beginning of the number or do i use 011?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: question about international texting
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello spalor13,

International texting is a great way to communicate to a person overseas! May I ask is the number that you are texting in Australia a Verizon Wireless number, another US mobile number, or a native Australian mobile number? To be on the safe side, I have noted the dialing pattern below for all three situations.

• US mobile number: text the 10-digit mobile number. (Verizon Wireless & non-Verizon Wireless cell phones)
  • Australian mobile number: Dial 011 then 61(country code) then the international number.

For example, to text an Australian number simply dial 011619876543210. Hopefully, my example didn't confuse you. If it did then here's a link that will explain it as little better.

http://businessportals.verizonwireless.com/international/Text_Messaging/index.html

If you have any additional questions then feel free to reply to this message for assistance.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes