" Unlimited Data Plan " Question?
teairrbold

I have the BlackBerry Curve 8530 (violet) and I have a question about my plan.

I am 16 and in a Family plan. My brother says that He can use the Internet Browser on his phone, but I Can't because I'm not the owner of the plan (the one who pays..?). He claims that the bill will Triple if I use the browser Even though I am not sure that he knows that BlackBerrys Are allowed some Mb usage (such as Apps or using the browser.) However, due to the fact that I forgot my voice mail password, I created a My Verizon account. This is what I've found :

http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc439/TeAirrLBold/phonehelp.jpg

If you look at the link, it Says that I have an Unlimited Data, BUT when I click on the view friends and family link within the Plans section at the bottom, it says :

" Your telephone number does not have Friends & Family. Please contact the Account Owner to change your plan to a qualifying plan. "

But I am in a plan With my Brother And my Mother. But the Worst thing about the link is my Bill, it claims that I have to pay $433.70 by 1/10/11.

Is this True? Will my brother have to pay over $350 for my phone, even though it claims that I am Not in a plan with my family?

And also, Do I have UNLIMITED data plan..? If the Bill is Faulty, does that still mean that I do have UNLIMITED Data..?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: " Unlimited Data Plan " Question?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Blackberry phones are required to have a data plan, and it appears that you are already on the $29.99/ month unlimited plan. You CAN use the browser on your phone.

You are on the Family Share 700 minutes plan, so there are no Friends and Family numbers, (numbers outside Verizon's network that you can call for free, without using your plan minutes). F&F are available on family plans of 1400 minutes or more, and individual plans of 900 minutes or more.

You ARE on a family plan, your number appears to be the primary number and registered as the account owner. Who has been paying the bill? Did you recently get the Blackberry? That may be why the bill is as high as it is - the cost of the phone itself is added in as a one time cost.

The Nationwide Talk & Text FS 700 plan for 3 lines is $109.98; your BB data plan would add $29.99, so we are up to about $140, and if your brother has a data plan (either $25 or $30) add that in to see what the bill will normally run each month. Look at the details of this bill to see where the extra is (equipment charges? Did you recently get new phones?)

Without access to the whole bill, it's hard to say. Call customer service and they can explain the charges too.
0 Likes
teairrbold

Yes, Me and my Brother got new phones on Nov. 28 last year. Yet my Mother kept her EnV (original).

My Brother pays for the bills, idk if he has any old bills of any sort, but I kind of doubt it.

When it comes to recently buying phones and such, does that add the extra $263.13 that I am missing from my calculations?

($109.98 + $29.99 + (brother plan)$25 or $30 = $164.97 or $169.97.

Remember, the total bill is $433.10)

Also,

So I Can use the browser on my phone with No extra charge?

What does it mean if I am the Primary Number and the Acount Owner? I Do NOT pay the bills for any of the phones.

And if you may, Please tell me the number for Customer Service...ACTUAL Customer service, not some recorded voice of a woman.

Still, Thanks..!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
From the page you posted, it appears that your Blackberry is on the unlimited plan; did you log in with your number? Does you r brother also have the same Blackberry?

The additional $$ are likely the added cost of the new equipment. The account owner and the primary number can be separate - normally the primary/account owner is the same. If your brother is the bill payer, and the account is in his name, then he should have the primary number, so he can access all the lines and manage the account.

Customer service is 800-922-0204, and you WILL get the automated system, but if you choose "0" or say "Agent" at the right times in the automated menu, you will get a live person. It takes patience.
0 Likes
teairrbold

Thanks a LOT for your help!

Yes, I did log in with My number.

Yes, me and my brother have the Exact same phone except for the fact that his is Black.

Good, hopefully he won't think that I caused the phone bill to be high.

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

Depending on where you got your phones you may have to file for your rebates to get them credited to your bill. Also there are usually $35 activation fees for each phone. If you ordered your BBs online you get an instant rebate. If you got them from the store, you have to mail in the rebates.

0 Likes