skype on 8530
prizzi4

I have downloaded and installed skype to my 8530.  I read that this is a supported device.  when I try to use it, I get the message "Skype mobile can only be used on Verizon Wireless in the US.  To learn about Skype mobile to make free or low-cost calls from the US, visit www.verizonwireless.com/skypemobile.  I go there, it is a supported device.  This is where I donwnloaded the app from. Any help please would be appreciated.  Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: skype on 8530
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

It seems a few people are having this problem. You can read another thread about it here.

No resolution has been found in the thread, so I would suggest calling in to Technical Support for troubleshooting.

0 Likes
Re: skype on 8530
Sepple

I just got off the phone with tech support and the special VZW Skype group haha.

They were really helpful, it turns out that since I switched from Alltel to Verizon Wireless, I still had the Alltel PRL (something about roaming lines) on my phone.  The guy pushed the Verizon PRL to my phone and now everything is working great.

I know I have a Droid, but it could be the same problem regardless of the phone.  Give support a call and have them fix it!

0 Likes