switching to a blackberry
bizzthaboss
if i wanted to switch from my lg vx8400 to a blackberry, would i have to purchase a new data plan. the resaon i ask is because when i originally had this lg vx8400 i switched to a motorola q with no problems but i hear if you switch to blackberry you have to purchase data plans and what not....is this true????
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: switching to a blackberry
BerryGuru

Yes, to use a blackberry you need some form of data plan. You have different options. A 25 mb plan maybe enough for you depending upon  your usage.

A lot of people seem to have trouble swallowing the cost of a data plan especially if its the first time they have considered it.

In my opinion, they don't know what they are missing. For me having the browser at my fingertips changes the way I live. 

The blackberry is a great platform with solid apps, messaging and organizing features. 

If you can get past the sticker shock, the maturity, stability, and usefulness of blackberry is worth the switch.

0 Likes
Re: switching to a blackberry
BBgirl09
Contributor - Level 1
You have to get a BlackBerry specific data plan.  There are two options, one is for business users that connect to a BES, but you probably need the $29.99 version, which is for personal email and use.  The BlackBerry data plan has a 5 GB limit, but it would be hard to reach that with with normal use like web browsing, email, etc. If you are planning to use your BlackBerry for tethering, that is as a modem for a laptop, there is an additional charge.
Message Edited by BBgirl09 on 06-27-2009 10:08 PM
0 Likes