sync 8530 with outlook 2003
Mike-N

I am having a problem syncing with outlook 2003.

I have set up an e-mail address in the blackberry and it appears in the "default services" screen.

When I sync the blackberry with my outlook 2003, the address files and calendar sync to the blackberry, but the calendar appointments appear in the BB calendar as "Default", not as my e-mail address. I have set up 2 way sync w/calendar.

Any additional entries that I make in outlook sync with the BB again in the "Default" calendar. Any entries that I make on the BB are entered into my e-mail address calendar.

I suspect that this is because my outlook program has no e-mail address associated with it. I have always used sbc global / attyahoo for my e-mail, and at the moment would prefer to do so.

How can I resolve this issue.  -- Can I associate my outlook calendar, address, task items to my e-mail address without loosing the items? Will this solve my problem?

Thanks for the help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: sync 8530 with outlook 2003
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I think you found your problem.  You need to set up your associated email address you use on Outlook on your Blackberry and your calendar appointments should sync up.  Give that a try and let us know here in the forums if that fixed your problem.  For more on syncing your Blackberry with Outlook, see Crackberry.com's 101 Lecture series on that topic at http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-setup-your-blackberry-sync-outlook

Hope that helps,

Doc

0 Likes