text message charges
JMB
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know that we can text from BB to BB for free. But I have questions about other combinations. I tried googling and am confused by the things I see.

We like to backup and print certain texts by sending the ones my husband receives to my email.

Suppose person 1 has a texting plan. We can consider him to have "no charges" for my question. Under which of the following is the receiving phone, person 2, charged for a text?

1) person 1 texts to email 2 (and the text comes from vtext.com)

2) person 1 forwards a text to email 2

3) person 1 "forwards as email" to email 2

I am looking for a way, without using BB to BB for certain circumstances, for person 1 to forward or send a text to me without it costing me a text fee. Thanks in advance....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: text message charges
rcschnoor
Legend

JMB wrote:

I know that we can text from BB to BB for free. But I have questions about other combinations. I tried googling and am confused by the things I see.

We like to backup and print certain texts by sending the ones my husband receives to my email.

Suppose person 1 has a texting plan. We can consider him to have "no charges" for my question. Under which of the following is the receiving phone, person 2, charged for a text?

I am looking for a way, without using BB to BB for certain circumstances, for person 1 to forward or send a text to me without it costing me a text fee. Thanks in advance....

I am assuming that person 2 does not have a texting plan? As long as person 2 is just receiving emails, then there should not be any texting charges for person 2. There will be a data amount, though, for the email which was received.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

JMB wrote:

I am assuming that person 2 does not have a texting plan? As long as person 2 is just receiving emails, then there should not be any texting charges for person 2. There will be a data amount, though, for the email which was received.

0 Likes
JMB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks - that is exactly what I wanted. I have more data than I ever use so that part is OK. And I checked my text minutes and they didn't go up so I guess my question is solved.

0 Likes