text message forwarded as email
JMB
Enthusiast - Level 3

We rarely use text messages but sometimes do receive one. We would like to be able to archive it by forwarding it to our email account. When in the message, we pressed the BB menu key and "forward as" and chose email. The first time, we got the first line up to a comma. The 2nd time we got a different sentence. The text did have what looks like 2 paragraphs separated by a triangle symbol.

Someone please give us simple directions on how to use that "forward as" email for a text. We are totally inexperienced in texting Smiley Happy Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: text message forwarded as email
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ahhh, OK - yes, it would count as a text message by forwarding it as SMS. So if you are trying to avoid that, then on a BB, the forward as email should work - but it sounds like the special characters, anything other than straight text, cause glitches. Not sure what to tell you...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
I would simply forward as a text message, but in the To: field, type in the email address. Add any date/time and identifying information, because only the message content gets forwarded.
0 Likes
JMB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wouldn't that count as a text message and cost 20 cents? That is what I'm trying to avoid as I forward as email and can keep a copy that way too. (Forward as email does work for a short text without a shift-enter. I tried that today.)

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ahhh, OK - yes, it would count as a text message by forwarding it as SMS. So if you are trying to avoid that, then on a BB, the forward as email should work - but it sounds like the special characters, anything other than straight text, cause glitches. Not sure what to tell you...

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3
I just forwarded a text message as an email, exactly the way you described, and the whole message forwarded. I'm stumped as to why this isn't working for you.
0 Likes
JMB
Enthusiast - Level 3

There was a strange symbol between 2 "paragraphs" in it. Since I don't text I'm assuming there is a way to create a 2nd paragraph perhaps by shift-enter? If this happens again I'll try to save the whole text and try again. Thanks.

0 Likes