trouble with Backup assistant
ssilar13

So I am trying to bring backup assistant up on my blackberry, it says it is connecting and my phone number comes up at the bottom and then I get the following message: "Backup Assistant has encountered an error. please close backup assistant and try again."  I have been closing backup assistant and trying again now for months.  I have deleted and reinstalled the app 5 times at least.  I have called verizon and gotten 0 answers.  I am getting a new phone this weekend and would like to have my contacts backed up.  I can pull up my contacts on verizon wireless but anything I've added since I got the blackberry 2 years ago is not showing up.  any suggestions on how to get backup assistant to work???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: trouble with Backup assistant
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Did you check to see if your phone is compatible? Older BlackBerrys may not work. Go to this page to check:

http://support.vzw.com/how_to_use/backup_assistant.html

Depending on which phone you're getting, you may be able to back up using BB Desktop Manager, then transfer your contacts that way.

0 Likes
ssilar13

thanks, but yes I have checked to make sure my phone is compatible.  and my husband has the same generation curve and his backup assistant worked just fine.  Unfortunately I am jumping the blackberry ship and getting an Iphone this weekend so the desktop manager will not do me any good.....thanks for the tips though.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Hmm. How about this ... 

Transfer contacts from BlackBerry to Outlook. Then sync your iPhone with your computer using iTunes. This should allow you to transfer the contacts from Outlook to your iPhone.

Or, if you're purchasing in store, a rep can transfer for you in a few minutes.

0 Likes
Crackberry20
Enthusiast - Level 3

is your Phone on enterprise service  because that could stop it from working 

0 Likes
bobbid

I had the same problem with my Blackberry Curve 8330 after I upgraded to the 6.0 OS. I finally got Verizon to admit that Backup Assistant no longer works with that OS. They suggested that I dowload the free app Blackberry Protect, which I did - and it works fine - backs up every day. P.S. When I say "finally" - I made visits to Verizon stores and talked to several customer service reps and they all told me it was fixable and then I finally was transferred to a Verizon engineer, and he was the one who said that Verizon's Backup Assistant does not work on the 6.0 OS.

0 Likes