which one?
heyoh23

I'm looking to get the blackberry storm or the new tour.  I like the idea of the touch screen, but I've read some bad reviews on the storm.  Plus the keyboard seemed cramped and it might take some time to get used to.  Apparently they are giving a mini notebook away with the purchase of the new tour,,,that's a bonus.  Any thoughts? Which one? reviews? Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: which one?
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

As a Tour owner, I can tell you that it is one of the best Blackberrys made thus far.  The superb quality of the screen is enough to make you want one.  Videos and pictures jump out at you.  The "real" keyboard instead of a touch screen keyboard is another feature of the Tour.  The Tour is a global phone so if you go visit your Aunt Sadie in Paris, you can connect to the 3G network in Europe.  From personal experience, the Tour is fast at loading web pages.  The new web browser in the 4.7 OS is great and a lot better than earlier versions.  To top it all off now, Verizon has a buy one Blackberry and get another of equal or lesser value free.  Like we say in the South, "you can't beat that with a stick." 

Good luck,

Doc

0 Likes
cgbb
Enthusiast - Level 3

IF you can wait, the Storm 2 is coming out within the next couple of months and from the videos leaked and peeps who have them the S2 looks like a very good solid upgrade to the S1. This is if you want a touch screen. Here is a link to a vid of the new S2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDN2Eglp7oc

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

I've had my Tour since it came out and I have to agree, it is by far the best Blackberry yet of any carrier. It's build quality is excellent. The screen is beautifiul. The keyboard is a joy to type on. And yes, it is very snappy. I can have 3-5 apps running at the same time and don't have any lag issues.

I could talk all day about how much I love my Blackberry phones...

0 Likes
bassfisher2021

absolutely agree the storm is not in the same zip code as the tour  tour is worth the extra$$

0 Likes