which phone should i get?
kjnewton
should i get the blackberry storm or tour?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: which phone should i get?
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3
It would depend on what you will do with the phones. Will it be used for personal or work, or both? The Storm 2 suppose to be coming out late this year.(Nov.?) You up for upgrade? May be can wait? I have the Storm 1 (I love it!), and use it for personal use. Don't know about Tour.:smileywink:
0 Likes
cgbb
Enthusiast - Level 3
Well  it depends on whether you want a touch screen or a full keyboard. The tour would be good if you message alot (email, text, im, etc...) The Storm will be better for the media experience with the full screen (video, games, etc...) The best thing to do is to go into a store and play with both devices. Or when it's time to buy just get the one you think you want. You can always return it within the specified time frame and get the other.
0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3
Exactly what the above post said. Storm also has an 8gb media card, and the Tour 2gb. Luck on which phone you choose.:smileywink:
0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2

kjnewton wrote:

Beware of all the Storm haters here.  Love my Storm, but would say wait for #2 which is on the horizon.  #1 is almost a year old now and u don't want old hardware like that.  #2 is supposed to have a better touchscreen, WIFI, and some other goodies that will make it worth the wait.  By the way, the Storm 1 does come with a full qwerty keyboard in either landscape or portrait orientations.

Tour is another great phone, but as you can see by the forums here, not without it's share of problems.  If you want a regular keyboard, the Tour is a superior device right now with best processor and memory but no WIFI yet.

Best thing to do is go into a VZW store and play with both phones.  There are many Storm critics here that will tell you it sucks b/c ther are so many problems and I will be the first to admit that it's a crapshoot on whether or not you'll get a good one from the get-go, but again it's best to go in and mess with them and see which appeals to you more asthetically before you make a decision.  All BB's pretty much do the same thing so features shouldn't be a dealbreaker.  Hope this helps. 

0 Likes
JCF
I like the Tour, I've tried several touch screen phones in the past including the iPhone and Palm Pre, actually liked the Palm Pre better than both the iPhone and the Storm because it had a keyboard but only to realize i'm just not a touch screen kind of a guy so i got the tour and i love it, my buddy has a storm and he loves it too so it really is personal preference since they are both Blackberry's  both phones will do pretty much the same thing, I agree with the rest of the guys in here go to the store and try em both out
0 Likes
ever1ast

kjnewton wrote:

Thats a pretty vague question with no other details about you. But in a nutshell, my advice would be if you're looking to carry media with you (movies, music) as well as surfing the web, go for the Storm. If you're mainly looking for email/messaging or more business oriented use, go with the Tour.
0 Likes