why does my bbcurve8330 say i have 1 unread message when there are no unopened msgs?
ew517
Enthusiast - Level 2
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: why does my bbcurve8330 say i have 1 unread message when there are no unopened msgs?
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

It could be a Blackberry Messenger message or possible a message on your voice mail.  Try those.  If that does not work, try to pull the battery and reboot your device.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: why does my bbcurve8330 say i have 1 unread message when there are no unopened msgs?
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

It could be a Blackberry Messenger message or possible a message on your voice mail.  Try those.  If that does not work, try to pull the battery and reboot your device.

Doc

0 Likes
mtkalimey
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is also the posibility of a message from an older date.

I have had this happen with blackberry system messages.

While in your mesage window press the "B" key to instantly go to the bottom of the messages. You can scroll up quickly from there to see if there are any unopened messages.

If you find one then you can press the "T" key to return to the top.

0 Likes
ew517
Enthusiast - Level 2

thank you streetdoc. the reset did the trick. now, why would this problem recur? i had the 1 msg showing for weeks and then suddenly last week my phone spontaneously reset (i didn't know that's what it was doing -- i just happened to be looking at the bb when the screen blanked and the little hourglass starting twirling) and cleared the msg indicator. then later that day the phantom msg reappeared, and i cleared it by following your instruction on the battery. is there a bug in the rim program if this recurs?

0 Likes
ew517
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks for your reply but i had no unattended msgs. the reset recommended by streetdoc cleared the 1 msg indicator. it's annoying when this happens.i don't like being told i have a msg when there isn't one! :smileyhappy:

thanks for the B and T tips.

0 Likes
mtkalimey
Enthusiast - Level 3

Your welcome and good to hear it's resolved!:smileyhappy:

Just remember that these are little computers and they need to be reset once in a while just like any desktop or laptop!

Trust me, the BBerry OS is alot more stable than Windows Mobile!

0 Likes