why is my IP address showing it is NY and i live in MT?
JandH

I have noted my laptop which uses my Blackberry as a BB modem has been very slow that past 2+ wks.  It is up to date, scanned, clean, etc but still slow so i happened to check my IP and noted it is for NY, yet i live in MT?  why would this be? i am not sure it always was this same IP address that i am showing now?  

HELP....as it is Verizon does not even recognize Libby MT has Verizon Service, yet i pay a big bill every month for 2 yrs.  I heard the only tower in our area is now taken over by another Company, so maybe why suddenly i am slower and have worse connection and service than i did for the last year or so??

Any advice or help would be appreciated,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: why is my IP address showing it is NY and I live in MT?
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

JandH, I recommend updating your Blackberry by dialing *228, send and choosing option #2. This will ensure your connecting to the closest tower in your area. Also make sure you have the latest software on your Blackberry. Lastly, you can ensure your location settings are correct. Steps are listed below.

1. From the Home screen All tray, select Options.
    Note To expand the tray, press the Menu button then select Open Tray.

2. Select Device.

3. Select Location Settings.

4. Select the current setting in the GPS Data Source field.

5. Select Device GPS.

6. Select the current setting in the Location Services field.

7. Select one of the following settings: (Choose Location on)
    Location On
    GPS enabled
    E911 Only
    GPS disabled
  8. From the Location Data section, select the current setting in the Setting field.
    Note Steps 8 through 11 are only applicable when enabling GPS Location. If disabling, skip to step 12.

9. Select one of the following settings:
    • Enabled
    • Disabled
    • Disabled While Roaming
  10. From the Location Aiding section, select the current setting in the Setting field.

11. Select one of the following settings:
    • Enabled
    • Disabled
    • Disabled While Roaming
  12. Press the Menu button then select Save.

0 Likes