In the past I reported to Verizon a wrong date and time on an Android device (I believe it was 2.5 hours in the future, like other reports in this discussion group). I also discussed finding the same anomaly with my email provider (emails from N**** S*** Solutions were showing received dates in the future). Hence I suggested to both corporations there was potentially some "viral" event occurring across a number of technology devices (not just cell phones, but computer systems as well). Note, my pc was in no way connected/synchronized with my phone or other technology devices. Furthermore, the email provider provides such services to me on their own dedicated server (time stamping from their computer system).
I just noticed in the last day that my Blackberry device is 198 days in the past (6 months, 15 days). I first discovered this problem when I called my voice mail to retrieve messages. Verizon's server had voice messages out of sequential order, which should be a security protocol issue with Verizon's server; not my device.
Next, I noticed my text messages were disappearing (i.e. I would see a pop up window that I received a text message) and when I went to review text messages; they disappeared.
From the evidence I've found, it doesn't appear plausible that this is a device or application problem from my cell phone; but a hostile code effecting Verizon's server.
Any assistance, would be appreciated.
That's definitely odd LordHexagon. We want to get to the bottom of this as well, it's always important to have the correct time and date. What's the model of your BlackBerry? When did you activate it and when did this start? What's the specific zip code where you're located?
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport
BlackBerry Z30. It was activated many months ago.
As I stated, I noticed the problem a day before I reported it. Zip code is 80921.
The device/software/system/server et al is really screwed up. I went ahead and manually fix the date/time on the device. However, the date/time was subsequently changed (a day or two later) to 1 hour and 1 day in the future. FREAK! If I wouldn't have caught this, I would have missed a very important alarm.
Next, I manually reset the date/time once again. However, although the date/time remains correct now, the income texts are off by 8 hours in the future. My outgoing taxes reflect the correct time, but all incoming texts are 8 hours in the future.
Thank you for this information, LordHexagon. Just to be sure, what is the software version that you are currently running with your Z30?
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport
Things continue to deteriorate. Now text message threads are being comingled.
I'm still in the first year of usage of this device and I purchased protection. Unless you have an answer, I presume we will do a factory reset and if that doesn't work, a device replacement.
"Time" to get moving forward, because now it's also a comingling issue (i.e. threads are being mashed together).
I understand your dilemma LordHexagon! We want your messages to work as intended always! The software version is the latest available according to my resources. What messaging application are you using?
AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport
I have had that happen a few times within the past 5 - 6 months ...one time it happens as if an update was being applied ,the device re-booted and asked me for my device password, hmm I did not know what it was as I never messed with anything the required me to use it.. ended up having to to do complete factory reset,, lost everything.. since than I believe I can accurately state I experience the issue at least every 6-7 wks,, but not to extreme as the 1st time.. but i can wake the screen to make call and the date and time is any where from 48hrs off and the worse was dated back to 1960 something... I ended up to where where this happens,, I do a complete shut off of the device, remove the battery ,, and hope with all my might that when it reboots everything is still there data wise... I will be interested in knowing from Verizon what causes this... I have a tower located at the end of my street, and I do have 2 dead spots in my area but not where this is happening..
Verizon mine is the standard set up with all the BB links which I am not using at the time and haven't for a while,, so the VM and Txt is what I receive with Verizon and just notice my plan was changed from unlimited txt and voice shared to the unlimited More Everything... .. I notice there hasn't been a reply . and since I also have the issue ,, was this situation turned over to another link or to tech repair so I may also get an answer for this please