Re: $450 BYOD Issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dee84, thank you so much for reaching out to us today. For the $450 BYOD Verizon eGift Card promotion, the same device ID (IMEI) must remain active on the line for 45 consecutive days from the activation date before Verizon issues the Verizon eGift Card. Any device payment loan on the mobile number line disqualifies from the promotion regardless of activation or not. -KevinR_VZW

Sammaven
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing happened to me , that drag you along for 10 weeks hopeing you will forget ? 

Now telling me different stories . Anyone know how to contact bbb and consumer affairs ?

Cheyshasky
Enthusiast - Level 1

So if my device activation timeline is coming up - December 16.  I upgraded but don’t activate the new device until after that date (December 20), I lose the $450 promotion that was offered as a carrot to get me to switch?? Even if my original device stays on the line for the whole 45 days??

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sammaven, this is not the experience we want for you, nor the way that we want you to feel about us. We always want to make sure that you receive the best value for your money and don't miss out on any promotions. Please tell us, what is the particular promotion that you were expecting? What process did you follow to redeem the promotion?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
Unsatisfi3d
Enthusiast - Level 1

I find it interesting that when you get to the choose a plan screen it says all plans but the basic qualify for the promo but in reality it’s the top plan that’s needed to qualify.  I feel like it’s done on purpose so rebates get denied.  Same this when trying to purchase the buy one get one free promo. If you select that promo and then try and choose 36 month financing vs 42months. The website will uncheck the buy one get one promo and select no thanks.  I’m sure a lot of people are getting messed up by this.  The website is the most un-user friendly website I’ve ever been on it feels like it’s done on purpose so u mess up and can’t collect rebates

daheat43
Enthusiast - Level 1

My experience as well.  They take months to reply, so you're paying a few hundred dollars plus activation fees, then they tell you oops, you applied at the wrong time OR some other reason I forget.  Neither reason was accurate.  You are welcome to call their general line if you have a problem with that, the number says.  Good luck with that.  

mvoss2010
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

Same thing happened to me. I received a mailer for converting on line, was supposed to receive $400 gift cards and only received $300 ones, and one less. I saved the chat history and no one cares. Not sure at what point it's considered fraud or the BBB would do something about it. Super frustrating.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

daheat43, 

Let's get this straightened out. I’ve sent you a private message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to discuss further details about your concern.

-JenelleW_VZW

0 Likes
Sammaven
Enthusiast - Level 1

I spent hours chatting texting calling reps rebate center etc.... and still haven’t received my rebate I’m entitled to . The same thing happened to me as others on the chat , you spin us along and play games for months and then tell us we’re not in the right plan tha YOU put us on to get the rebate . I’m going to contact consumer affairs FCC bbb and the district attorney office ASAP . This seems to me to be widespread issue by Verizon 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sammaven

This is never the way we want you to feel and I assure you we have nothing to gain by intentionally misleading you. We will be more than happy to take a closer look into this to ensure you get the rebate you qualified for. We will be sending you a private note, please reply to us there.

EdwardL_VZW