$450 BYOD Issue
Bhender
Enthusiast - Level 1

I switched to Verizon and completed all steps given for the promotion. I received a confirmation email and then an email that Verizon was having trouble processing. The email stated I need to contact Verizon. I did this and was sent an email it was fixed. A week later I received another email they were having trouble processing. Then after more than an hour on the phone they informed me I only qualified for &150.00 rebate. Then another email stating they were having trouble processing and to contact them. After 30 minutes back and forth she stated she needed to talk to the store where I was given the $450 promotion code. She returned and stated she would have to call me back. She called back and stated that I qualified for $150 rebate and would be sending confirmation. Within an hour there were confirmations for all 5 phones for $150.00 e-gift cards. I informed Danielle she has one week to fix the issue and she stated she could adjust one of the phones to the $450.00 but not the other 4 phones I transferred. I plan to wait until September 24th and then will report to Better Business Bureau. I did not need to switch my service and I am paying more for phone service. 

Very unhappy with customer service 

bhender

Re: $450 BYOD Issue
DuncanFam90
Enthusiast - Level 2

That’s how they get you, with the wonderful rebates, then they tell you that the rebate you qualified for is actually something different. We have no way of proving them wrong. It’s a HUGE issue. But don’t leave before six months is up or they can charge you for the rebates you did get on your final bill. It’s in the fine print. Counting down the days......

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bhender-

That is never the experience we want you to have when submitting rebates for your phones. Please reply to my Private Note to further assist.

-CarmenT_VZW

0 Likes
Verizon_5ux_alot
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also am getting messed up by the BYOD plan.  I added a new line, brought my phone, chose the right plan, and did everything right.  Then a month later I am looking at my plan and it tells me there is a suggested better plan.  I switched since it was "better", then I get a notice that my rebate has now been denied.  The rep I spoke to afterward said that since I was on the wrong plan now they couldn't do anything about the rebate.  they offered to credit me $18/month for 24 months instead.  That's not the same as a $450 gift card, that would make an immediate difference in some people's life.  Verizon essentially has asked a normal person to finance $450 over the next 2 years for them, because they can't offer a single month credit.  This was absolutely predatory, and as mad as I am, there is nothing I can do until my contract is up, but rest assured as soon as it is I am out of here.  Verizon was garbage 10 years ago when I used it for work, and it is still garbage now.

cmckinne
Enthusiast - Level 1

I as well have been having issues with the BYOD rebate. I had a VERIZON REPRESENTATIVE set mine up for the $450 rebate, only to have it come back denied because she did not put me in the correct data plan. After numerous calls back to customer care over the past 3 weeks, which I might add has taken up a lengthy amount of my time being transferred all over the place, I have been told I am in the correct plan and it's approved but they can't do anything for my bill that I have been pushing out a "promise to pay" on since if it was done correctly the first time I would of had my rebate by now. Which is why I called customer service to assist me in this first place to assure of that. I have two other phones that I have not been able to bring over due to a past due status on my account because of this, so people in my household have been without phones. So today I just paid it, in hopes that the rebate will come soon....which they couldn't provide me a tracking number for the updated submittal (mine still says ineligible) so I just have to take their word for it. Fingers crossed I guess. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is the last thing we want you to experience especially when getting a promotion. I do see that we did send a private message. I will send you another message to check your status. AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
cmckinne
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received a private message today which I replied to with my mobile number for contact. Thank you.

0 Likes
Katyperrykitty1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Im having the same exact issue. I was supposed to get the $450 BYOD rebate , I switched over brought my device and number filled out the form within 30 days. I get an email saying invalid so I go to customer service asking what’s going on . I was in that stupid chat for 4 hours spoke to 3 different people. The last of the 3 people assured me I was going to get my 450 rebate and that I shouldn’t worry that she’s going to escalate the situation that I will receive a confirmation email saying the situation is resolved and that my rebate Is on its way. Never received that email of rebate this happened last Tuesday so Sunday I go to customer service chat saying that I still haven’t rebate of the email the last person said I was receiving. I talk to the one agent who isn’t really engaged in the situation that ended up saying they have to go and to close chat to speak with another agent. I close the chat next agent I reexplain the situation and they say that the previous agents didn’t notate anything about rebate or send email they didn’t submit anything any requests or anything to do with the situation that basically the agent was just talking and telling me stuff without actually doing stuff and this agent actually helped me and gave me the rebate line. I call the number speak with a lady who asks me what am I talking about that my rebate is on its way and should arrive Tuesday which was yesterday. Still no rebate yet ...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your rebate. Our rebate team will have the most up to date information regarding your rebate. If you don't receive it by the end of the week, I would recommend giving a call to our rebate center.

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
Dee84
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ported from T-Mobile,brought my own device, then a day or two later I upgraded, do I loose the promotion since I upgraded?