$450 BYOD scam
Hendog210
Enthusiast - Level 1

So apparently I'm the next one in the long line of scams. I switched both my girlfriends phone and her daughter's over from T-Mobile and was told I was getting a rebate for one for $150 which I received and one for $450 which I haven't.  I have spent countless hours on multiple days talking to customer service reps that keep assuring me that $450 is correct and that I have done everything correctly. I have been hung up on multiple times and transferred back and forth to the rebate center multiple times. Now the rebate center is telling me there is nothing they can do and that I need to contact a manager in customer service. Well you can never get a manager in customer service and they just keep telling me that one will call me back but they never do. I was promised and guaranteed this by multiple reps multiple times. Now everyone is blaming the other and telling me that I'm just out of luck and am not going to get it. I would hope that someone in Verizon contacts me and makes this right as I have been a customer for quite some time. This is by far the worst customer service I have ever dealt with and if this isn't fixed and I receive what I was promised I will pull all 3 of our lines and switch to a different carrier and contact the BBB.

Re: $450 BYOD scam
nategta43
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm experiencing the same thing. Email address is correct and when I try to re-send on the rebate center page it says something like "cannot process your request." It's hard to imagine that this is a scam but considering the hoops that I'm having to jump through and the fact that I STILL haven't gotten anywhere...seems a little fishy. Can someone from Verizon please respond to me as well?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Hendog210 ,

We're sorry to hear that you feel that way, as a rebate should never be frustrating. What exactly are you referring to about it that no one is able to help with now? All rebates would require you to claim the offer using a promo code here: https://www.yourdigitalrebatecenter.com/#!/ , and then you would receive a tracking number to follow the status, including to see when it was approved, or if it was denied (along with a reason for that denial, like if you had a disqualifying plan change within the rebate period). You had said that "everyone" was telling you that you were all set, so what did you see when checking the tracking number for each of the rebates you had claimed?

0 Likes
Hendog210
Enthusiast - Level 1

Screenshot_20210308-200828_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20210308-200845_Gmail.jpg

0 Likes
abc567
Enthusiast - Level 1

Totally Agree,

Right now Verizon have worst customer support ever, i am with Verizon for almost 3 years and never had issue but from last 3-4 months customer representatives can't able to solve any single issue, we need to keep calling(at least one hour on call) them and they will hung up anytime whenever they want.

Even i added one line that was switched from another carrier, we should get $450 gift card for switch and they were keep saying that we escalated issue with rebate center and it will resolved soon, however  after 90 days  i got email that your Verizon rebate was denied.

#WorstServiceEver

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nategta43, we do appreciate your switch to Verizon and the $450 Bring You Own Device promotion is most certainly not a scam. If a customer is unable to properly submit their rebate we do have a promotion correction form we can submit for this.

To clarify a few basic details, what date did you join Verizon and what Promo Code are you using when trying to submit the rebate online?

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
figmund
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a similar problem.  Just added a line with BYOD and I didn't get a notification with the rebate link.  All I get is run around from customer service - no one knows how to help - they just keep pointing me to someone else at vzw.  Sounds like I might need that form too.

0 Likes
jeffkozemchok
Enthusiast - Level 1

You're eligible for a $450 BYOD Rebate - Online and Telesales Only because you switched to Verizon and activated a new smartphone. This is a SCAM.

0 Likes
UnhappyCustomer7
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue I was promised $450 per line when you brought your own line.  I did this back at the end of March early April.  I was told it would take two billing cycles for me to get the money.  It has been two billing cycles.  I was also told that I would only be charged $20 per line for activation.  I was charged $40 per line at five lines that is a lot.  I had to be on hold forever but that was handled, I asked them about the rebate and they said the same thing it will be 2 billing cycles.  It's now two billing cycles and I called on June 10th and spoke with someone and they said I needed to submit a form, well nobody told me that, because if I had to submit a form I would have done it since that is the only reason I switched over.   She submitted a form then said I would get the money in 7 business days.  I called today and they told me it was too late.  I did a chat and the supervisor was very rude said it was my fault I didn't submit the form on time, then I was asking her what were the next steps because I was not going to let this go and she stopped responding.  I called and I am still on the call, it's been  1 1/2 hours so far.  Spoke with Savana and she was speaking with her manager Mark, she was able to offer me $250 per line, but if I wanted to jump through hoops and wait until Wednesday, or two business days or two business weeks I could get the $450.  She had no idea when I could get the rebate.  I send a text to the original person that helped me at 617-562-5551 and that offered me the deal and she said two billing cycles, then she said the offer is not expired and is still going on in fact it's now $650 to switch.  I want what was promised of me to switch over.  Savana also asked for my credit card or debit card and she said they could put the money there.  I had no idea what she was talking about, then she said they could mail me a check, but you know that could take a "while" .  If customer service could call me or reply to this complaint I would appreciate it.  I need a resolution to this by the end of next week or I will go to the BBB and social media and the press.  Obviously, I am not the first one to complain and now you are offering $650 to move, ha good luck with anyone getting that money.  Or is it a real scam you offer $450 then tell the person that they had to fill something out it's too late, but we can give you $250, saving Verizon $200 per line.  I would have never expected this from Verizon. 

I was speaking with Savana and she said she spoke with her manager Mark

0 Likes
UnhappyCustomer7
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am going through the same thing.  It's a scam 

0 Likes