Re: BYOD $300
Kash5311
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, the exact thing happened to me and my family. It’s criminal and borderline reportable to BBB. What Verizon is doing with this promo by not honoring it is appalling. I added 4 additional lines in July-August of this year. While speaking to the reps, they ALL confirmed our lines (3 to be exact) were eligible for the promo.  A LIVE person, no more than one because multiple reps confirmed the promos could be applied to our accounts.  They even searched it up themselves.

When it was time to redeem the promos online, a Verizon rep walked me through ALL. I asked almost all the customer service reps I spoke with to document the promos on my account as I didn’t want to run into this very issue. This claimed they did. But suddenly some of the notes can’t be seen. Strange. I wonder how many ppl had this happen only to hear that it was only the PREMIUM account plan was eligible? Verizon needs to fix this or they will lose 5 customers, soon.

0 Likes
Rafat668
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally got my cards after months of fighting but now they won't honor their employee discount so I'm going to use up my credit and leave. This is ridiculous 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am a consumer too, and I sincerely understand your concerns about some promotions, Kash5311. Based on your post, I see that you have been informed that the promotion in question requires that you have a premium data plan. Were you offered the option to upgrade your plan to a premium data plan so that you can qualify for the promotion?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Rafat668. We're very sorry to hear about the trouble that you faced with receiving the cards that you have been expecting. We are happy that they finally made it to you. We appreciate you as a customer and it would sadden us to see you go. We definitely want to assist with any concerns that you have regarding using an employee discount. Employee discounts can be added to tiered data plans which are plans that have certain set data limits. Our unlimited plans are not eligible to use employee discounts due to them being eligible to have our Auto Pay and Paperless Billing Discount. Can you please share the name of the plan that you have with us? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
auntbun16648
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here. 

But instead of the ineligible plan, we got the error "Your purchase was not from a participating location".   Huh????  We were at a Verizon store.  The Verizon sales rep gave us the code for the rebate and said we are eligible.   We would have NOT brought the line over without the rebate.

Sometimes I think the people at the store are on a different planet than Verizon corporate.   And they just say whatever it takes to get you to sign up.  Knowing the rebates probably wont work for any of dozens of reasons.  I hate rebates, for that very reason.   We should have not switched from ATT.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our customer's satisfaction is extremely important to us, and we want our customers to take full advantage of our promotions. Please tell me more about what happened? Share details. We are here to help. 

EvelynR_VZW

0 Likes
carsonhowell16

I can't even find the promo code or the receipt because I bought it online. This is a joke.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you are able to use your rebate code. We are sending  a private message to you.

0 Likes
JacSmith13
Enthusiast - Level 1

I brought over a phone from Boost. I had to argue with Boost for 3 days to get them to unlock it. But once it was unlocked I ported my husband's old Boost number to my old Samsung s10e phone. So we did in fact bring over our own phone. Then I get an email that says I don't qualify for the rebate because our purchase was not from a participating location.  When we got our stimulus check my husband bought a new phone and quit using my Samsung s10e. After several hours in chat I was told that we no longer qualified for the rebate because my husband didn't keep using the Samsung s10e for 45 days. I have a call scheduled with them tomorrow if I don't get the rebate they will be losing a customer before I've even paid my first bill. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, JacSmith13. We're very sorry to hear about the concern that has come up regarding no longer qualifying for the rebate that you shared with us due to the Bring Your Own Device equipment not being active on your account for 45 days or more. We certainly want to help with this in every way that we can going forward. If we may ask, what was the reason for your husband purchasing a new phone as opposed to staying with the Samsung Galaxy S10e device? Was the Samsung Galaxy S10e working okay? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes