Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
BYOD $500 gift card promotion is fraudulent
sfhseric06

Verizon suggests that a $500 gift card will be e-delivered within 8 weeks, provided you do not engage in a device upgrade within the first 45 days. 

It is impossible to claim that gift card. Within the first weeks it is suggested you become eligible after the 45 days. When you invariably do not receive e-delivery of the gift card, Verizon will claim you are no longer eligible because you needed to enroll during some enrollment window that is not communicated. Ask me how I know? I'm attempting to claim this gift card after 10 weeks of service and I am being told "there is nothing we can do, the offer has expired".

This absolutely and unequivocally is fraudlent (I am not allowed to post the word s c a m per forum rules, that's cute). Beware. You may have to initially call a sales rep upon switching to have any shot at claiming this gift card. 

Verizon was once the gold standard. What happened?

0 Likes
Re: BYOD $500 gift card promotion is fraudulent
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello @sfhseric06! Sorry to hear about your troubles getting this promotional gift card. This is definitely not the experience we want you to have. We always want to ensure we are doing the best for our customers. We would like the opportunity to work towards a resolution. We are sending you a private message, so that we can chat on a secure channel, please.  Thank you. ~Louis

0 Likes