BYOD REBATE RUNAROUND
BYODLOSER

Verizon advertised BYOD $650. There is no $450 offer currently advertised. 

When I signed up, the number changed to $450, regardless of what unlimited plan I chose. I asked a rep. He said it's a glitch and told me to finish signing up with the lowest plan and it will change to $650. 

It didn't change. It's still $450. I talked to verizon reps again to get the $650. They said I only got $450 because I chose the lowest plan (no, every plan was saying $450, despite the advertised $650). They said they would upgrade my lines to the one that is eligible for the $650 promotion, and then re-apply for the promotion. I agreed.

They upgraded my lines, and I had to re-submit the promotions myself. The 650 promotions were all denied because the system already had me register for the $450 promo which I did not want and which was not even advertised. I asked verizon reps again...

They said since I signed up with the lowest plan, all i get is $450 and that my attempt to upgrade the lines wasn't going to work. I didn't sign up for $450 and I asked reps every step of the way to make sure it would be $650. And they are the ones who upgraded my lines in order to qualify me for $650...

Every rep gives me false information and everything is inconsistent. I want the $650 promo for all 5 lines I signed up for.

0 Likes
Re: BYOD REBATE RUNAROUND
Doggo
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon's marketing team is garbage. I checked the fine details and it's appaling it won't give a direct answer. It says consumer unlimited plan while also stating "select" unlimited plan.

At the time of this post, there is Start, Do More 5G UWB, Play More 5G UWB, Get More and to a lesser extend, Just Kids. All are consumer unlimited plans, but the fine print doesn't list any plan by name.

There is absolutely nothing here that states choosing a lesser unlimited plans drops the amount to $450. 

Screenshot_20210727-043628_Edge.jpg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

While the fine print states "select unlimited postpaid plan", below our the plans eligible:

• Do More
  • Play More
  • Get More

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know the importance of getting clear and accurate information! The fine print does further state that "select Unlimited" plans would qualify and the promotion may be removed if the plan is changed from an eligible plan. The Premium Unlimited plans are Play More, Do More and Get More Unlimited which would qualify for the $650 offer with Start Unlimited and Just Kids qualifying for the $450 rebate. We will use your feedback to improve our resources! 

0 Likes
BYODLOSER

None of the plans you mentioned were giving me the option to get $650 at the time I was signing up. Every single plan showed $450 and Just Kids showed $0. I knew the amount was wrong and I contacted a rep when signing up to confirm that I did everything right. The rep confirmed that I would be getting $650 with my Start Unlimited. To be clear though, even had I picked Play More, it was STILL only showing $450. If it showed different amounts, I would have picked the right plan.

And when it only showed $450 after the rep confirmed it was $650, I IMMEDIATELY contacted Verizon again to tell them I needed it fixed. They said no problem, and upgraded my lines to Play More and said I would be receiving the correct amount $650. I am still told I am only going to receive $450. This has to be corrected.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are truly sorry to see you in this dilemma. We send you a Private Note. ~Gilbert

0 Likes