Re: BYOD REBATE SCAM!!!!! DO NOT FALL FOR IT
ollie293
Enthusiast - Level 3

I haven’t received any private message or note, can someone please reach out?

0 Likes
ollie293
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also, I was already asked for the tracking number which I posted, but here it is again: 

0 Likes
HighTechnology
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ollie293,

Based on the tracking info you provided, you submitted your rebate in September, and the key requirements appear to be as follows.  Please check and make sure you complied with EACH of the following:

• Did you activate/port your number between 8/13 to 9/30?
  • Did you sign up for and maintain the Play More or Do More plan since the day you ported?  Changing to a different plan may/can invalidate the rebate offer.
  • Did you submit the rebate within 30 days of your activation date?  The submission date shows 9/22, so did you activate between 8/23 and 9/22 (that would be 30 days).  If you activated before 8/23, then you would have waited more than 30 days to submit it.
  • Did you keep the same device you started your service with (your original BYOD) for 45 consecutive days from the date of activation?  You say you upgraded, which would be okay on day 46 or later, but not before the 46th day (even at full price).  

FWIW, the reason for denial in your case makes no sense to me -- it says it "requires an eligible device transaction" which makes no sense for a BYOD rebate.   

As a disclaimer, I am not a Verizon representative, rather I am just another customer dealing with other rebate issues (which is why I came here).  So please keep in mind I am trying to help flesh out some details, since the terms of the rebates can be complicated -- but nothing I'm saying here is anything official -- just trying to help you get to the bottom of this issue...

ollie293
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the reply, yes I’ve met all the conditions required for the rebate. After researching a bit, I’m starting to believe this is an intentional business practice by Verizon. 

I finally got connected to a rep to assist. They told me I didn’t qualify because I didn’t keep my device active for 45 days before activating a new one. They were also very condescending in that conversation. I don’t know how hard it is to calculate the number of days but they actually tried to tell me I activated a new device at day 44 when it was day 48. Just wrong and a shame I need to waste time on this.

ollie293
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anyhow, after the rep admitted his counting of days was inaccurate, they said they would escalate with the rebate team... the rep wouldn’t give me a reference number, just said I should hear from them in 7-10 days, maybe a little longer. I saved the conversation just in case, but I hope I don’t need it. 

I’ll update this thread when I have a resolution. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for these details, ollie293. Please keep us posted, we are here for assistance and happy to help in any way possible. 

CheyenneS_VZW

0 Likes
ollie293
Enthusiast - Level 3

The update is... there is no update. Can’t say I’m surprised. Can a VZ rep please assist? This is crazy...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ollie293, we are sorry to hear that you have not received an update regarding your rebate and are happy to look into this. Please respond to the private message that has been sent. LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ollie293
Enthusiast - Level 3

Almost April and I’m still waiting. A rep finally told me they messed up up and I am owed the promo rebate. Got an automatic text from VZ shortly after that stating I’ll receive it in 4-6 weeks. It’s been over six weeks now and still nothing.

Verizon, please help. The time I’ve had to devote to this is unbelievable.

0 Likes
ollie293
Enthusiast - Level 3

Could a Verizon rep please assist?

0 Likes