BYOD Rebate Run- Around
dino1925
Enthusiast - Level 2

I switched to Verizon on 11/27/21, brought 2 lines through BYOD (my wife and I) and purchased 2 phones for my daughters.  I knew there was a $350 per-line rebate for each BYOD.  What I was not told was that I needed to complete a rebate form to do so.  I was in the Verizon store for four hours setting everything up, not one mention.  Now I am trying to track it down and receive the rebate that I expected.  I have gotten a tremendous runaround, been talked down to, hung-up on several times, and sent to other departments.  Rebate Center says it is a Customer Service issue, Customer Service says it is a Rebate Center issue.  Both departments say they would like to help me, but they cannot - call the other department.  I find it hard to believe that there is no other department/person that I can talk to.  No one has the authority or the ability to correct this situation.  Keep being told that it is outside of the 30 days, there is nothing that can be done.  How can I apply for a rebate that I do not know that I have to?  I would not pass up a $10 rebate let alone $700 (2 x $350).  This seems like a bait-and-switch to me.   This is not right and no one can do anything about it.  I have been told so many times by a representative that they will take care of this for me, only to be forwarded or escalated and I have to call or chat to find out the progress of my inquiry ( it is over 30 days, nothing can be done - we can not turn back time).  It has come to the point that if a rep says I understand, or I wish I could do more, that I take it as though it is condescending and basically is just telling me **bleep**! 

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: BYOD Rebate Run- Around
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's certainly not the experience we want for you and we apologize for your inconvenience. I see my team member initiated sending a private message to you. Let's try this again, as Verizon takes protecting our customer's personal and account information very seriously and we'd like to help.

Since we will need account-specific details from you, we’ve sent you  a Private Message on this topic:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox

-Robert C.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning. Making sure that you get the deal/rebate you signed up for is priority. I am terribly sorry to read about your experience, and that you were not advised to submit a rebate form. I would like to access your account to review the details. I am sending you a Private Note.

-Gina

0 Likes
dino1925
Enthusiast - Level 2

The link that you sent me takes me to an blank page.

Why am I not surprised?

More of the same from Verizon!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's certainly not the experience we want for you and we apologize for your inconvenience. I see my team member initiated sending a private message to you. Let's try this again, as Verizon takes protecting our customer's personal and account information very seriously and we'd like to help.

Since we will need account-specific details from you, we’ve sent you  a Private Message on this topic:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox

-Robert C.

0 Likes
csjohns77
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too have been put through this over the last few months.

Transferred three phones from AT&T, I already had FIOS.

The transfer of the phones itself was a disaster since Verizon didn't tell us that AT&T required a multi-day unlocking process. We spent over three hours on the phone going between AT&T and Verizon that night but finally got them switched over.

Then once my lines were transferred I was told multiple times that I was only eligible for $300 per phone, not the $500 I was promised by the original Verizon Rep. It took a few days and lots of back and forth to finally get the right rebate code. 

Then after a month had passed and my rebates were still pending I had to initiate more phone calls and chats to calls to get my actual rebate codes. Initially they said they had no way of knowing when the rebates would become active, despite it being a month after I had transferred lines.

Finally the last insult, which I am in the middle of. I got my three $500 gift cards, ordered a ipad and iphone from the store. Total with taxes and fees were $1560. The website ordering was a disaster, so I had to call in. The guy took my order and said I was good to go. 

Today comes and the iPhone is delivered, but no iPad. 

I have my receipt showing both purchases, but when I called into Verizon they said they have no evidence of the iPad being ordered, and the PDF receipt on my account shows only the iphone (different then the one I have in my email )

I have now been on the phone for over an hour, transferred and hung up on multiple times. and Despite my three gift cards all being drained down to zero, Verizon says they have no record of the iPad order and no way to see how the gift cards were used.

This has to be theft right?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello csjohns77! We're sorry for the whole ordeal. We'd love to help you resolve all your concerns. Please reply to our private note to get started. 

~Aaron

0 Likes
csjohns77
Enthusiast - Level 2

I already did, no response. 

0 Likes
csjohns77
Enthusiast - Level 2

Your "private note" is literally a auto generated response inviting me to chat with a agent. 

I've done five chats on this already and am nowhere near a solution. 

Also I have no idea why this thread has a green check mark next to it, the final solution has not been reached.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

csjohns77, your efforts are appreciated, and we apologize for any delay in response within the Private Note that we were supposed to send you. Please ensure you resend a new message within that window to allow us to better assist at your earliest convenience. 

-Kevin

0 Likes
rchinchi
Enthusiast - Level 1

I see you have been able to respond to other posts, but have ignored my post that has been posted on 4/29... @vzw_customer_support would love to get my on-going issue resolved.