Re: BYOD Scam
Jaypea33
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I have an email from the rebate center that gave me a link which I clicked through to complete registration on a Verizon page, which I did.

0 Likes
Jaypea33
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, thank you I didn't receive a private message yet.

0 Likes
Jaypea33
Enthusiast - Level 2

My rebate finally showed up in my email as a gift card I was able to apply towards our bill. I am satisfied with that. We did a rebate several years ago with Verizon which went through without any problems, and we received an actual gift card (Visa or MasterCard) that we were able to use anywhere, not limited to Verizon. I had no issues with submissions or time it took. I don't know if there is a separate company running the promotions now or what. I submitted the rebate as soon as we brought a line in and it showed up as submitted on Verizon. When the time period came to be able to redeem it it was no longer showing in my account, and I spoke to various agents at Verizon and the rebate center and no one I spoke with had any record of it and it was no longer on my dashboard - although they saw the rebate from several years ago. 

0 Likes
rbradleya

I'm a 20+ year Verizon wireless customer (back to Bell Atlantic Nynex Mobile) and I was told I would qualify for the BYOD $300 because I was adding a brand new iphone to my account of 4 devices.  After registering for rebate, I was notified that it was denied.

Upon speaking to a Verizon rep today (after a ton of hold time) I was told that the only way the rebate applies is if a new device is added to a NEW number in my account.  Which sounds ok, until you think about it!

The reason a normal person would add a new phone to an account is because they already have a number and want to put a new phone on it.  What kind of person who can afford a new $1,200 iphone wants to abandon a mobile number they've had for 20 years!?  Thus, because I was really adding a line to the account (and not just swapping out), I took the older device I was replacing and PAID TO GET A NEW PHONE NUMBER FOR IT, AS A NEW ACCOUNT.  Then, I took the new device and took the existing number, as anyone would do.  I was just told that if I had kept the new device on a new number for awhile, got the rebate, then swapped the devices, this would have worked.  

This makes no sense, other than the rebate being a intentionally not applicable to what folks think it's for, i.e., a scam, as folks say.   So, Vzw support, before I create a myVerizonScam.com website describing this story, please contact me to fix this issue.  Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to read that you had this negative experience, as this is never what we want for any of our customers, specially when you've been with us for so many years, we'll be glad to help out. To clarify, did the promotion for the iPhone require a new line of service? If so, did you open the new line? Keep in mind that the promotions do have certain requirements that need to be met to be able to qualify.

0 Likes
suril17
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am in similar situation. I signed out with 4 lines back in July 2020 with BYOD $300 rebate. To begin with they signed me up with 2 different accounts with 2 lines each instead of 1 account with 4 lines. Since then, I called atleast 10 times, spoke with several representatives and all promised to have the rebate process initiated immediately without any success.

This is pathetic and a prime example of real bad customer service. I am going to surely lodge a complaint with BBB and also with US Consumer department.

You shall also see my TWEET about this SCAM and shall not forget to include Verizon's CEO.

Good luck everyone who are in this boat and hope you may get success soon.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

suril17, this is never the experience that we want any of our customers to have, and would like to help turn this around. Please respond to our Private Note that we will be sending you shortly for further assistance. 

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
Christopherloliscio
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was totally scammed at the Long Island Lake Grove office. The sales rep told me if I switched my 2 lines from Sprint to Verizon I would get 2 300 gift cards to use as I please. Straight garbage garbage.

The sales rep knew he was committing fraud to gain some commission on the sake. He knew the credit card could only be used on Verizon promoted products. 
And I filed a complaint with Verizon and never received a follow up to my complaint!

Why?

Because  Verizon supports the fraud.

This switch over cost me 383$ for the phone but out and 340$ for a prorated first payment I was never told about.

Verizon is disgusting.

I counted on that 600$ in a COVID-19 

fiscal crisis.

Nie I get to buy products I do not need or want.

I hope the CEO gets fired  and every one in the company who stole my money.

I will be switching back to TMobile who told me Verizon is a scam company.

I surely learned my lesson.

And the guy who scammed me is still working there probably scamming old people out of there money.

Pathetic company who does not care about there customers.

Joke!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to get every promotion you qualify for. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.

0 Likes
mgh60871
Enthusiast - Level 1

I will be filing lawsuit Monday for false advertisement of Verizon's 2021BYOD300 promotion code. Anybody that wishes to join the lawsuit is more than welcomed. I have already reported Verizon to the FCC.

0 Likes