BYOD Terms and Conditions
zaramicus
Enthusiast - Level 1

A Verizon agent has just advised me that I have to keep the device I brought in on a BYOD promo for 12 months.  If I upgrade or trade in the device, Verizon will impose a chargeback on the rebate that I received for the promo.  I do not see this stipulated in the BYOD terms and conditions.  All it says is that there will be a chargeback if the customer terminates the service contract with Verizon within 12 months from device activation.  Could you please clarify and confirm whether the agent I spoke with gave me the correct information? Thank you.

Re: BYOD Terms and Conditions
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello @zaramicus

Our goal is to provide you with the best experience. Please, send us a PM/DM, so we can address all your concerns. I would love to review your account before confirming any information.

Verizon is always here to help!

>Cintya

0 Likes
Beeteejay
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello Verizon Support , Can you advise me please? I wanted to upgrade my BYOD device and the agent told me that my 500 Rebate will be cancelled and will be added to my account if I change my device within 12 months. I was under the impression that I have to stay with Verizon for 12 months. I need to upgrade my device since the memory on my device is not sufficient and I also have performance issues. Please advise

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Beeteejay, we always want for you to have the best device for your needs. We also want you to understand the rebate process fully. For the BYOD rebates, you would have to have a BYOD device on your line for the 12 months to receive the rebate amount. If this is not completed, then you can receive a charge back to the account in the rebate amount. You can read more about the rebate process here: https://www.verizon.com/support/device-rebate-faqs/

-Christine

0 Likes