BYOD rebate did not arrive
ChrisGaming

Hello. After redeeming my BYOD 500 rebate I got the notification that it was going to arrive sometime in January, it's March already. I was wondering if I could get help with this issue, as it did not arrive. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: BYOD rebate did not arrive
mdabagian
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm starting to think it's a hoax - the BYOD rebates. When we added the line in the store, the rep said the rebate would automatically be applied to my account as a $350 credit. Then as I follow up, I'm told that I needed to submit the rebate for processing, and to use the information provided to me in a "Notification" - which I never received. I think VZW just makes this up as they go so you'll get exhausted from trying to follow up and then you just never get the rebate.

View solution in original post

mdabagian
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm starting to think it's a hoax - the BYOD rebates. When we added the line in the store, the rep said the rebate would automatically be applied to my account as a $350 credit. Then as I follow up, I'm told that I needed to submit the rebate for processing, and to use the information provided to me in a "Notification" - which I never received. I think VZW just makes this up as they go so you'll get exhausted from trying to follow up and then you just never get the rebate.

dino1925
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am with you.  I am currently in the same situation with my BYOD "rebate".  More like a bait--and-switch.  Ridiculous.  Rebate Center says they can not help, call Customer Service. Customer Service says to call the Rebate Center.  They do not share information, can not see what the other department is doing.   No accountability and no one else to contact for help.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there ChrisGaming and thank you for reaching out to us. We can understand wanting to know more about the status of your rebate. Have you been able to check with our rebate center on any new details? You can click the link here https://www.yourdigitalrebatecenter.com/#!/check-my-status to check the status if you have your tracking number. There is also a link that says "Contact Us" which will take you to representatives who can assist you instead of this message board. We are here if you have any questions or concerns about the status of your account.

-Candice

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mbabagian,

We always want you to be eligible for any rebate. Sorry to hear that this is not happening and we can help here. We do keep the instructions online for all VZW customers to see how the rebate process works. Click here and start at question #1 https://www.verizon.com/support/device-rebate-faqs/ . -Pamela

0 Likes
dino1925
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried everything that I could.  More lies and misdirection by Verizon.  I Was told it was escalated to find a resolution, told by customer service to call rebate center.  Rebate Center says no, you need to call customer service.  Was even told the only way we can get your rebate is if we can reverse time.  I thought it was just an isolated incident that happened to me, but after finding this community yesterday I realize it happens quite often, possibly even by design.  Was told yesterday that it has been fixed, but they could not give me a tracking number, but wait, in eight weeks I should get my rebate.  I really doubt that.  No accountability at all!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is never how we want you to feel, I can imagine how I would feel in your shoes. I am so sorry for the delays. I am confident we can get this fixed. I have sent you a private message.

-Rosie

0 Likes
dino1925
Enthusiast - Level 2

A Verizon CR rep from the community took care of this yesterday.  Phone calls and chats too numerous to count, but the community had this straightened out in one day.  Impressive, thank you!

0 Likes
dbrush1995
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wish they would straighten mine out, but a continued run around is all I seem to get and it is ridiculous, T-mobile will give me $800 a line to switch and that’s within 15 days of application. If this isn’t sorted out soon I’m afraid I’m going to have to switch along with talking to most of my extended family talking about switching there business’ and personal plans as well all because of this blatant disregard for proper customer service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please be assured that we want you to get the rebate you deserve, dbrush1995. The first thing to do is to check the status of your rebate and you can easily do that online if you enter the rebate tracking number at this link (https://www.yourdigitalrebatecenter.com/#!/check-my-status). Please review it and see if the rebate is already being processed for you. -Antonio

0 Likes