Beware of switcher sales scams
kwelcome781

I made the decision to switch to Verizon for my son and I. The sales rep offered a 300 Mastercard credit for each port over line. A total of 600. He instructed me that once I received these credits I could use it to pay off the balance on my new device. My son's device was supposed to have no device cost. The sales practices proved to be deceptive when only one notification showed up with a promo for 300. I spent 4 hours on the phone to be told that my son's device was not eligible for the Mastercard promo. The only reason I went with the switch was because of the rebates. I could have easily settled for something much cheaper coming from a stylo phone with t-mobile that did the job. After three customer service reps later, a threat to the FTC and attorney General later the best they will give me is a bill credit for the 300. No, not a one time bill credit. That would have been a resolution. The credit runs over 24 months therefor keeping me in a payment plan I never wanted in the first place. Payment plans in my opinion are for cars and mortgages not phones. Now if I want to pay the device off I lose the 300 so ultimately I can be out 300 or stuck with verizon for 24 months. Fact is I would have paid more to pay the phone off out of pocket initially rather than being lied to. It's truly the deceptive sales practices and predatory sales practices that I am angry about. It's losing several hours of time dealing with this and not getting what I was promised. It remains to be seen if I will stay the full 24 months as a new customer the taste left in my mouth is nothing short of disgust. 

0 Likes
Re: Beware of switcher sales scams
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we can go over your account to further investigate this for you. We are here to help in any way we can. Please send us a Private Note.

0 Likes
Re: Beware of switcher sales scams
Doggo
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon hasn't done a prepaid card in a long time at this point. It's all Verizon only gift cards.

$300 over time is a typical promo, this is something that's standard.

0 Likes